Talk:Cosi measure new
- Software installation instructions couldn't be loaded from OHO's page ("Failed to load PDF document.")
- License is CERN OHL **v1.2**
- [source files](https://github.com/opensourceimaging/cosi-measure/tree/master/Mechanical%20System/Complete%20System) for mechanical assembly (complete system) are missing
- [manufacturing instructions](https://github.com/opensourceimaging/cosi-measure/blob/master/Mechanical%20System/2019-01-11_cosi-measure_v1.0_mechanical_assembly_instructions.pdf) are missing → those are important to understand the mechanical assembly of the complete system as there're just Fusion360 files and PNG exports available
- bottom line in mechanical drawings is a little misleading :) → "This drawing is our property; it can't be reproduced or communicated without our written consent." → I'm seeing the CERN OHL v1.2 as such a written consent :)
please add dimensions
- Well, my assumption is that this is not an individual component for the mechanical assembly, but rather the material for self-designed components (aluminium plates). Hence bill of material and 'shopping list' are mixed. Nothing dramatic; for best practice I'd suggest to have
1. a neat bill of materials
2. an optional, separate shopping list
As said, nothing crucial. The relevant information is here.
"hexagon nut", not "screw nut" :)
length is missing
- Diameter for the 3rd hole (from the bottom left) is not specified. I assume it's also 5.5mm and needs a countersink
- I assume the ø16mm circles are the countersinks :)
- really no countersink for the ø6mm holes this time?
- diameter specification of holes is a little ambiguous, but one can guess from the drawing → shouldn't be a problem
- remove the second half of the note "Alternatively you can also make through hole …" → given that I bought the screws from the BoM, I'd rather make some threads :) (also: this note could be applied anywhere; unambiguous designs are better; skilled people may come up with personal deviations and forks themselves)
as mentioned in the `general review`, assembly drawing/instruction is missing
- The material for the plate is not specified, neither on the drawing nor in the table with the parts list (it is only mentioned in the assembly instructions in github)
- There are missing holes (8x?) and respective threads (M5?) on both ends of the drawn plate where plate 2? is meant to be attached (as observed in github)
- The dimension for the countersunk holes for the M6 screws is not clearly specified (or not specified) and the screws that belong in those holes are not identified with a position number on the parts list.
- It would be nice to see a drawing with a better distribution of the measurements to make it easier to read. Some suggestions: The holes should be represented by empty circles. The threads should be drawn around the holes. The part has a transversal symmetry that allows a reduccion of the number of written measurements. Modify the scale of the drawing to better fit the page or cut the part to allow for extra space on both ends.
- This part is symmetric. This can be use to declutter the drawing from redundant measurements and make it more readable.
- Not all holes diameters need to be there, specially if they are all equal. Add one measurement and make a note on the drawing to clarify.
- What is the optional countersink for? No need to specify diameter.
I am familiar with the complications of Free CAD in general and technical drawings are also a complex matter. It would be nice nevertheless to see a bit of consistency across the drawings when placing the measurements. Sometimes an isometric view in a corner of the drawing could help to give a better idea of how the part looks in 3D. Transparent/wire views also help to uncover some hidden features in simple parts.