Difference between revisions of "The OHO Project Directory"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<div style="text-align:center; >''<span ">The OHO
<div style="text-align:center; >''<span ">The OHO Directory is our extensive collection of mecha(tro)nical open source hardware projects.</br> The rating shown below with the help of the <u>[https://en.oho.wiki/wiki/Open-o-Meter Open-o-Meter]</u> reveals their openness according to commonly shared values and</br> standards of the open source hardware community.</span>''
'''Call for action:''' Please go ahead and <u>[https://en.oho.wiki/wiki/Special:FormEdit/Project create new projects]</u> (choose advanced option) or improve existing project pages. You just have to register to have the needed access.
'''Call for action:''' Please go ahead and <u>[https://en.oho.wiki/wiki/Special:FormEdit/Project create new projects]</u> (choose advanced option) or improve existing project pages. You just have to register to have the needed access.
Latest revision as of 23:51, 2 February 2020
The rating shown below with the help of the Open-o-Meter reveals their openness according to commonly shared values and
standards of the open source hardware community.
Call for action: Please go ahead and create new projects (choose advanced option) or improve existing project pages. You just have to register to have the needed access.
- 3D-printable micropipette (Desc: We present our design of a micropipette that is assembled from 3D-printable parts and some hardware that works by actuating a disposable syringe to a user adjustable limit. Graduations on the syringe are used to accurately adjust the set point to the desired volume. Our open design printed micropipette is assessed in comparison to a commercial pipette and meets ISO 8655 standards.Image: TUB.2.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- 3DMIN's PushPull (Desc: It features: a custom-made bellow, a pair of microphones to capture the bellow’s “breathing”, a 6DOF inertial sensor, and several encoders, buttons and capacitive sensors. Moving the hand piece controlls the air stream within the bellow and guides air to blow over microphones. The inertial sensors in the hand piece together with capacitive finfertip sensors allow to continuously shape the digital parts of the sound.Image: TUB.1.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- ?Delta 2 (Desc: With the success of the MicroDelta Original, and based on our five years experience on 3D printer development, the eMotion Tech company is proud to introduce its latest creation : the MicroDelta Rework.Don't be afraid with Technology : well designed, it becomes easily accessible to everyoneImage: TUB.223.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- AeroSeeD micro-eolienne 2 (Desc: AeroSeeD micro-eolienneImage: TUB.4.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Aeroquad 2 (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- AguaClara 2 (Desc: AguaClara Reach transforms lives by enabling communities across the globe to have clean water on tap for life. We train partner organizations to design and deploy non-electric municipal-scale water treatment systems - life-giving technologies that are affordable, disaster-resilient, and can be operated independently by under-served towns and villages. Beginning in 2005, the technologies were developed at Cornell University in collaboration with water and sanitation experts working on the ground, and they undergo ongoing improvement based on new research and lessons learned in the field.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Ai.Frame Apollo 2 (Desc: The Ai.Frame is an open-source miniature humanoid robot. It is versatile, it has abundant upgrades, customizable commands, both pre-assembled and self-assembly available. It is powered by smart servos and sophisticated sensors.Image: TUB.6.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Air Quality Egg (Desc: The Air Quality Egg Learning SystemImage: TUB.7.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
An integrated, versatile, and fun learning tool with open-source hardware, a robust web and mobile application, and Next Generation Science Standards curriculum.
- Aker wormhouse 2 (Image: TUB.8.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Andre cars (Desc: ANDRE cars are race winning, road legal, and available for you to buy, build and develop. We are making our entire online database of design data, including all 2D engineering drawings, 3D solid models & parts/supplier list, R&D Simulations etc available for free online - we call it OPEN DESIGN.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Apertus Axiom Beta 2 (Desc: The first of its kind, and providing users with the ability to swap or upgrade sensors at any time, our community's debut camera is the result of years of collaboration with the Magic Lantern team. With powerful internal components, custom-built printed circuit boards and plugin modules, FPGAs and an onboard Linux operating system at your disposal, changing the entire operation of your camera to suit the needs of any project is now possible.Image: TUB.10.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Aquapioneers Indoor Aquaponics Kit (Desc: Image: TUB.11.1.gifTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- 1 Kit Aquapioneers
- 1.1 Bloombot is an open-source automated hydroponics system. Through socially responsible design and the integration of communication facilitated by Web 2.0, the Bloombot aims to build community and increase the engagement of people with their food. Bloombot, sold as a kit, is easily assembled with nuts and bolts and is capable of growing plants like lettuces and herbs throughout the year. Useful as a household accessory, teaching aid, or hobbyists' toy, Bloombot operates well in any typical indoor environment. This project builds off the work of other products and attempts to integrate some of their functionality to produce a machine that is greater than the sum of its parts. These products include Botanicalls, a twittering alert system for potted plants, and AeroGrow, an autonomous hydroponic gardening system designed for use in the kitchen.
- 2 The Hexayurt Project: Free Hardware housing for the world
- 3 HOVALIN
- 4 A violin for makers.
- 5 Let's make one
- 6 But What does it sound like?
- 7 Usefully open sourceModular designEasy to modify & adaptFor scientific research and experimentation
- 8 OpenLedModule Facts
- 9 OpenLedModule Steps
- 10 Open source platform for the creation, use and sharing of interactive 3D printed robots
- 11 Pupil Platform
- 12 Pwdr Model 0.1
Ready to start growing your own vegetables, fruits, and aromatics thanks to aquaponics?
The Aquapioneers kit can transform a 54L (60x30x30 cm) aquarium into an aquaponic ecosystem. At the intersection of hardware and ecology, the ecosystem will allow you to grow fresh and tasty food all year round.
This little piece of nature, will engage and inspire you, your family and your friends.
The Kit can also be accompanied by the regular maintenance services of our team to ensure that your ecosystem is always healthy (ideal for offices, coworking spaces, schools, and hotels.
- 1 Kit Aquapioneers
- Arbalet 2 (Desc: Arbalet is a project in which we're using Pixel Art for design, retrogaming and programming teaching. Various Arbalet versions exist, in the form of a table, a wall or great building facade, and obviously you can make your own customized version. All Arbalet devices are surfaces filled with several hundreds of colored square lights. With its limited number of pixels, Arbalet brings our old 80 arcad games back into fashion through a modern, classy, and hackable device.Image: TUB.12.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Archivist (Desc: A do it yourself Book Scanner is a simple thing. In essence, it is a rig which carefully and repeatably positions three elements - lighting, cameras and a book. The upper part of the rig holds the lights, cameras and glass in the right relationship to each other. Below that, there's a cradle where the operator places a book, and the mechanical part of the frame allows the operator to lift the book up to the glass. The glass serves to flatten the pages of the book, and the operator triggers both cameras to take a picture of each flattened page. Because two pages are captured at once, the process is very fast - about 1,000 pages per hour for a skilled operator.It's important to care about the scanner operator as much as you care about books. That's why this frame is designed the way it is - with a counterweighted, removable cradle and a design that can be operated while standing or while seated (with optional treadle attachment). Many of the design decisions in this scanner came from Daniel's personal discussions with scanner operators from around the world who were injured by their scanners or annoyed with the way their machines worked.Image: TUB.13.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- ArduCopter 2 (Desc: Copter is capable of the full range of flight requirements from fast paced FPV racing to smooth aerial photography, and fully autonomous complex missions which can be programmed through a number of compatible software ground stations. The entire package is designed to be safe, feature rich, open-ended for custom applications, and is increasingly easy to use even for the novice.Image: TUB.14.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Automated external defibrillator (Desc: Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is a medical device that analyzes a patient's Electrocardiogram (ECG) in order to establish whether he/she is suffering from the fatal condition of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA), and subsequently allows the release of a therapeutic dose of electrical energy (i.e. defibrillation). SCA is responsible for over 300'000 deaths per year both in Europe and in USA, and immediate clinical assistance through defibrillation is fundamental for recovery. In this context, an open-source approach can easily lead to improve the distribution and efficiency of AEDs. The proposed Open Source AED (OAED) is composed of two separate electric boards: a high voltage board (HV-B), which contains the circuitry required to perform defibrillation and a control board (C-B), which verifies SCA in the patient and controls the HV-B. Computer simulations and preliminary tests show that the OAED can release a 200 J biphasic defibrillation in about 12 seconds and recognizes SCA with sensitivity higher than 90% and specificity of about 99%. The OAED was also conceived as a template and teaching tool in the framework of UBORA, a platform for design and sharing medical devices compliant to international standards.Image: TUB.15.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Automatic Bartender (Desc: Based on RandA, this machine can prepare cocktails, by drawing the quantities from dedicated dispensers, according to recipes dowloaded from the webpage from which the drink has been requested.Image: TUB.16.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- AxCut 2 (Desc: If you've always wanted a laser cutter and you have £1500 lying around - and you have access to a 3D printer - then you'll want to take a look at (Damian's) (http://axrap.blogspot.com/ open source laser cutter: axCut.)Image: TUB.17.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- BCN3D Moveo 2 (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- BCN3D Sigma 2 (Desc: Reliable and easy-to-use desktop 3D Printer with Independent Dual Extruder System that delivers high-resolution multi-material parts in a simple and effective way.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Basiswerk OM 10 clockwork (Desc: This basic watch movement is intended to be a workhorse which can be used as a simple three hand movement as well as a drive for an individual module.Image: TUB.18.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Bicitractor 2 (Desc: The Bicitractor is a pedal-powered farming tractor with electric assistance, made by farmers for farmers. It is intended for SMALL AND MEDIUM vegetable farms. It allows for different agricultural tasks that require working a maximum soil depth of 5 cm. It can be used for example for sowing, weeding, hoeing, harvesting open lines, carrying loads, ...Compared to a traditional tractor, the Bicitractor gives the farmer ease of use by eliminating the nuisance caused by an internal combustion engine such as engine noise, the smell of exhaust fumes, vibration etc...The Bicitractor is a tool that allows farmers with agricultural holdings of medium size to mechanically perform tasks which are difficult to perform manually and can cause physical strain.In addition to being a tractor that does not release carbon dioxide, because it does not use fossil fuels, the Bicitractor is an open source vehicle. That is to say, these manufacturing plans are available for everyone free of charge and so everyone is able to make, for themselves, an effective non-polluting working tool, which is easy to manufacture at a cost of less than 1500 Euros.Image: TUB.21.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Bicycle mill (Desc:
This bicycle machine is adapted to fit a hand powered grinding mill or a corn thresher. The Mill function has the capacity to mill 3 lbs. per minute of any type of grain.Image: TUB.22.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- BioNico 2 (Desc: The project aims to bring together a team around the world for the construction of a prosthetic upper limb at a low cost, due to standardized parts and open sources, easy to repair and therefore accessible to people with limited financial resources.This project does not compete with manufacturers of prostheses for countries with social security coverage or people with comfortable financial situations, but it wants to open new opportunities for emerging countries that do not have access to such equipment. The inertia of the project comes from the passion for technology and sharing knowledge, the desire to help others, and discontent in the world in which we live today (health for the benefit of profit). Since its inception in February 2013, Bionicohand project was rewarded twice at Maker Faire Rome which encourages and puts the project on the international level. It integrates the association My Human Kit created in February 2014, which gave it a legal status in order to obtain funds for research and collaborate with universities, research centers ect.Image: TUB.23.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Blink(1) (Desc: blink(1) is the world's best indicator light, designed to give you glanceable notice of anything on your computer or the internet.blink(1) makes it easy to connect any data source in the cloud or on your computer to a full-color RGB LED so you can know what's happening without checking any windows, going to any websites or typing any commands. blink(1) mk2 improves upon the original blink(1) with better functionality and great new features.blink(1) packs three dimensions of information (color, brightness and pattern) into a single tiny package that fits into any USB port on nearly every device. It makes it incredibly easy to connect any data source in the cloud or on your computer to a full-color RGB LED so you can know what's happening without checking any windows, going to any websites or typing any commands.We designed blink(1) in the spirit of our favorite old school Unix tools and we tried hard to make it simple, flexible, and robust.Image: TUB.24.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Bloombot 2 (Desc:
Bloombot is an open-source automated hydroponics system. Through socially responsible design and the integration of communication facilitated by Web 2.0, the Bloombot aims to build community and increase the engagement of people with their food. Bloombot, sold as a kit, is easily assembled with nuts and bolts and is capable of growing plants like lettuces and herbs throughout the year. Useful as a household accessory, teaching aid, or hobbyists' toy, Bloombot operates well in any typical indoor environment. This project builds off the work of other products and attempts to integrate some of their functionality to produce a machine that is greater than the sum of its parts. These products include Botanicalls, a twittering alert system for potted plants, and AeroGrow, an autonomous hydroponic gardening system designed for use in the kitchen.Image: TUB.25.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- C,mm,n (Desc: the world's first open-source car. Cumbersomely dubbed c,mm,n (say "common"), the vehicle was introduced at AutoRAI in Amsterdam.
The project is a product of the Netherlands Society for Nature and Environment, better known as the "Stichting Natuur en Milieu," along with a trio of universities: Eindhoven, Enschede, and Delft.
So how is the c,mm,n open-source? The entire vehicle's genetic makeup (specifications, technical drawings, etc.) are available online to anyone, and the car's creators hope that people will adapt it to their needs and wants, with the caveat that they must share their modifications with the rest of the community.
The c,mm,n was designed to be an environmentally-conscience family vehicle, so it features a hydrogen fuel cell, and incorporates such features as an advanced sat-nav system that incorporates traffic and parking availability."" ()"Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- CNC1 2 (Desc: A three axis cnc machine that can be easily built using standard, home handyman level, tools.Features:* Low Cost - (if everything is purchased off the shelf the cost for all parts is under $600 (significant savings could be made by skillfully sourcing some pieces) * Small Footprint - (occupies 25?x 30? of table-space) * Usable Working Envelope - (10? X-axis 14? y-axis 4? z-axis) * Small Part Count - (Fewer than thirty unique parts) * Easy to source parts - (all parts available from 4 sources (Home Depot + 3 online sources)Image: TUB.28.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Carla Cargo 2 (Desc: Carla is the emission-free alternative to the car and sets new standards in e-mobility. Carla inspires with a great driving feeling and takes you with full energy to every destination in your city. Carla makes it possible to transport heavy loads quickly, environmentally friendly and without traffic jams. It can be combined with any bicycle and e-bike. With its integrated mechanical overrun brake, the transport of heavy loads is possible and extremely safe. In addition, the electronic support can help to make your Carla even more mobile and also to be able to supply customers at the other end of your city.Image: TUB.27.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Coffee Detonator (Image: TUB.29.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- CountClock 2 (Desc:
Designed for kids (but suitable for all)
The CountClock is designed to assist young children in learning to tell the time: the confusing concepts of an analogue clock (the double scales and double hands, the numerals (or their absence), the half hours and quarters) are all decomposed and offered as separate learning steps, tuned to young children. Multi-coloured lights indicate time on separate hour and minute scales. For the youngest chlidren for example this results in only presenting the full hours. Just by counting the lights they can read off the hour: knowing the numerals is not needed. In every learning step additional concepts of analogue time can be added, like half hours or quarters. For the older children all minutes including the seconds can be highlighted; in this highest learning level the looks of the CountClock closely approximate a conventional analogue clock. No kids around? Don't worry, the CountClock perfectly serves as a design clock, suitable for anybody who'd like to know the time.Image: TUB.30.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- CubeFactory2 2 (Desc: The CubeFactory serves two purposes: It is a learning-conducive instrument (Learnstrument) with an experience-based approach for the mediation of a closed loop material cycle but also a self-sustaining mini-factory for the production of 3D printed objects. To operate, the CubeFactory requires only sunlight and thermoplastic waste.Image: TUB.31.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- DIYLILCNC (Desc: The DIYLILCNC project is a free & open-source set of plans for an inexpensive, fully functional 3-axis CNC mill that can be built by an individual with basic shop skills and tool access.CNC devices are used to fabricate physical objects with a high degree of precision. Some CNC devices, including the DIYLILCNC, feature a gantry-mounted cutting tool (like a router) that can move in two or more directions. The operation of the tool is controlled by a computer, which is tasked with translating a digital design into actual tool movement.The DIYLILCNC can be built for around $700. This cost includes all the stock hardware and sheet material used in construction. CAD files for custom laser-cut parts are distributed along with the plans. Anyone with access to a laser cutter can use these files to fabricate all the panel parts necessary for construction; those without ready laser-cutter access can (http://diylilcnc.org/buy/ purchase laser-cut panel kits on our Buy page), or give the files to a local or online laser-cutting serviceTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Do-It-Yourself SLS Printer (Desc: Your SLS will be the cheapest SLS printer that includes all the key elements of industrial machines. it will also be the first Open Source Laser sinterer that features a heated build chamber.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Double Pendulum (Desc: A double pendulum is a combination of two penduli that create a chaotic behaviour. This exhibit is a real physical double pendulum built and planned by a metal constructor with the idea to be safe for exhibitions and to be as fluid and surprising as possible in its movements.Image: TUB.35.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- DropBot 2 (Desc: DropBot is an open-source Digital Microfluidic (DMF) automation system developed in the (http://microfluidics.utoronto.ca Wheeler Lab). It can be used to manipulate discrete droplets on the surface of an array of electrodes coated with a hydrophobic insulator. DMF has (http://microfluidics.utoronto.ca/research.php many applications) in the fields of biology and chemistry, including diagnostics, cell-based assays, and chemical synthesis. The DropBot features a modular and extensible design, an intuitive user interface, and is capable of driving up to 120 independent channels. It also provides dynamic impedance sensing which enables closed-loop control and real-time measurement of:* drop position* instantaneous drop velocity* electrostatic driving forceImage: TUB.36.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Dtto Modular Robot (Desc: You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Become like water my friend." Bruce Lee The Dtto Robot is a modular transformable robot designed to be versatile, flexible and self-reconfigurable. The idea of modular robots is that they can adopt any shape they want, by changing the position and the connection of their modules. The small size, the versatility and the limitless shapes it can adopt, make Dtto the perfect robot for all kind of search and rescue operations."Image: TUB.37.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Dérouleuse à plastique 2 (Desc: "L'Atelier Paysan" is a cooperation (SCIC SARL). We support farmers in designing and manufacturing machines and buildings adapted to peasant agro-ecology. By remobilizing producers on the technical choices made around the farm work tool, we collectively regain technical sovereignty and autonomy through the reappropriation of knowledge and know-how.Image: TUB.32.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- E-puck 2 (Desc: The main goal of this project is to develop a miniature mobile robot for educational purposes at university level. To achieve this goal the robot needs, in our opinion, the following features:* Good structure. The robot should have a clean mechanical structure, simple to understand. The electronics, processor structure and software has to be a good example of a clean modern system.* Flexibility. The robot should cover a large spectrum of educational activities and should therefore have a large potential in its sensors, processing power and extensions. Potential educational fields are, for instance, mobile robotics, real-time programming, embedded systems, signal processing, image or sound feature extraction, human-machine interaction or collective systems.* User friendly. The robot should be small and easy to exploit on a table next to a computer. It should need minimal wiring, battery operation and optimal working confort.* Good robustness and simple maintenance. The robot should resist to student use and be simple and cheap to repair.* Cheap. The robot, for large use, should be cheap (450-550 euros)Image: TUB.45.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- ECorolla 2 (Image: TUB.39.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- EDAG Light Car 2 (Desc: Ein ultimatives Statement für den Leichtbau der Zukunft Provokativ, verrückt, avantgardistisch und vor allem eins: Ultimativ leicht.Image: TUB.40.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- EQ-1 Headphones (Image: TUB.46.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- EchOpen 2 (Image: TUB.38.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Electric Vehicle (Image: TUB.41.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Eletric eel wheel (Desc: The Electric Eel Wheel is an affordable electric spinning wheel that is revolutionizing the fiber world The uptake is controlled with a unique scotch tension design and the yarn flows through a clever flyer assembly. It is an extremely light and portable design.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Eliodomestico 2 (Desc: Eliodomestico is a solar household still for the developing countries.This project is intended to bring good drinking water to the families in the developing countries at no operating cost, starting from the sea water. It works like an upside-down coffee maker: during the day, the heat of the sun raises up the steam pressure into the black watertight boiler. The steam is forced down through the expansion nozzle, thus condensing against the lid. At the end of the day the Eliodomestico delivers 5 litres of fresh drinking water. The lower basin is specifically designed for the transport over the head, supporting this common habit. Eliodomestico is entirely made from poor, widely available materials. The technologies involved in the production are very simple and popular. This also make the maintenance much easier.Image: TUB.43.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Elphel Eyesis4Pi 393 2 (Desc: Elphel Eyesis4Pi-26-393 is the newer generation of the full-sphere multi-camera systems for stereophotogrammetric applications.* The system is (http://blogs.elphel.com/2010/11/zoom-in-now-enhance/ calibrated) to compensate for optical aberrations allowing to preserve full sensor resolution over the field of view.* (http://blog.elphel.com/2011/10/subpixel-registration-and-distrortion-measurement/ Distortion calibration) is performed for precise pixel-mapping to automatically stitch images into panoramas, and also for (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry photogrammetry) and (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_reconstruction_from_multiple_images 3D reconstruction). * There are 24 x 5MPix sensors in the camera head, resulting in 120 MPix image acquisition. Panorama image resolution after stitching is 64 MPix, the equirectangular projection is 14000x7000.* High-precision Inertial Measurement Unit IMU (ADIS 16375, 2400 samples per second) is integrated with the camera, as well as 5Hz GPS (Locosys LS20031) to provide precise position and orientation of the camera.* Images, synchronized with IMU and GPS data, can be recorded to internal Solid State Drives (SSD), external swappable SSDs or to a PC over the network.* Optionally Eyesis4Pi-393 camera system includes PC for image downloading and post-processing with pre-installed SDK and Free and Open Source Software for camera calibration, image acquisition and panorama stitching.* Eyesis4Pi-393 can be mounted on a car for outdoor panoramic applications or carried by a person, which lets successfully create panoramas of small and narrow spaces.*Automated panoramic imagery and 3-dimensional panoramas are the 2 main applications of Eyesise4Pi-393 camera.Image: TUB.44.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- F-F-Fiddle 2 (Desc: The F-F-Fiddle (pronounced eff-eff-fiddle) is a full size 3D printed electric violin that can be produced using common FFF-type 3D printing equipment. The total bill of materials (BOM) cost of the instrument is about $250 if you print the parts yourself. On this page you'll find links to the files needed for manufacture, assembly, and design of the F-F-Fiddle. To get updates about the project (http://eepurl.com/GmV-r sign up for my e-mail list). While you're here, check out other OpenFab projects on the (http://www.openfabpdx.com/portfolio portfolio page).Image: TUB.52.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- FABOOL Laser CO2 2 (Desc: FABOOL Laser CO2 is the world's largest self-assembly style laser cutter and engraver.It uses a high-power 40W CO2 laser tube, has a cutting area as big as 60cm×44cm, and is completely open source.FABOOL Laser Mini can cut, engrave, and shape designs from a variety of materials such as wood, leather, acrylic, paper, and dozens of other materials. The FABOOL software can import data in SVG, DXF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIF, and GIF files. Using a high-end motor driver and a high-speed micro-computer chip, we have created a laser cutter and engraver that fulfills the needs of personal hobbyists, designers and creators, educational institutes including:This project contains a step-by-step instruction manual for assembly and how to use the software. It also includes the open source circuit diagram, Gerber data, mechanical designs, and driver software.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- FLOAT Beijing (Desc: FLOAT Beijing is an interactive, community driven art project that uses kite making and kite flying to activate dialogue, map and record air quality in Beijing, China. FLOAT uses local knowledge sharing, public kite flying and creativity to address an urgent ecological, environmental and social urban issue.Image: TUB.56.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Fab@Home (Desc: Released in 2006, The Fab@Home was the first multi-material 3D printer available to the public, and one of the first two open-source DIY 3D printers in the world, at a time when all other additive manufacturing machines were still proprietary. The Fab@Home and the RepRap are credited with sparking the consumer 3D Printing revolutionImage: TUB.47.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Faraday Motion Spine 2 (Desc: The Faraday Motion Spine is the simplest way to get started building your own custom Electric Skateboard, enabled by 3D Printing. The units of the Spine are completely modular, fully supported and multi-purpose.The Spine provides a solid backbone and the modular setup makes it possible to upgrade into infinity, all the way to the Faraday Hyperboard and even beyond. You can basically start building any type of Personal Electic Vehicle from the Spine Units and the available upgrades.Faraday Motion began as a research vehicle based on freely available 3D models and schematics. Our very first public project, the Faraday Spine, is capable of reaching speeds of 25-30 Km/h, with a range up to 10 Km (with 1-hour charging time) and only weighs 8 Kg.It requires about 100 hours of printing time and a minimum printer bed size of 200 x 200 mm. It is controlled through a mobile app. The Spine is also modular and can be upgraded to the Faraday Motion Hyperboard R2. The Hyperboard R2 is the most advanced electric skateboard in the world.Anyone is able to download the design files and source their own components; however, for those who either do not have the time or the skills to put it together themselves, we offer a full assembly kit as well as a Print Yourself version.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Farm Hack's Root washer 2 (Desc: An open-source root washer that can be built sturdily with NO WELDING.Image: TUB.50.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- FarmBot 2 (Desc: FarmBot is an opensource and scalable automated precision farming machine and software package designed from the ground up with today's technologies. Similar to today's 3D printers and CNC milling machines, FarmBot hardware employs linear guides in the X, Y, and Z directions thatallow for tooling such as plows, seed injectors, watering nozzles, and sensors, to be precisely positioned and used on the plants and soil. The entiresystem is numerically controlled and thus fully automated from the sowing of seeds to harvest. The hardware is designed to be simple, scalable, andhackable. Using the opensource webbased software package, the user can graphically design their farm to their desired specifications and uploadnumerical control code to the hardware. Other features of the software include storing and manipulating data maps, a decision support system tofacilitate data driven farm design, access to an open data repository, and enterprise class analytics.Image: TUB.51.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Field Ready Lifting Airbag System 2 (Desc: This effort is a part of Field Ready's program to develop rescue equipment for Syrian Civil Defense which can be locally manufactured. This program is conducted in partnership with Mayday Rescue Org and ROW (Refugee Open Ware). This manual is prepared to describe how to make and test a lifting airbag to be used in rescue operations in conflict areas, natural disasters or anywhere trapped people need rescuing. It is an output of the process of developing and testing the designs of the airbag. It describes how to make the bag and how to select other system components.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Film-Retter Inline cleaner (Desc: Over the years, we have digitized many, many meters of Super 8 and have continuously improved our dry cleaning methods. Traditional cleaning methods are expensive and costly - a method had to be invented to clean Super 8 'quickly and easily dry during projection'. The result: The Film-Retter® InlineCleaner Super 8 CleanerImage: TUB.54.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- FlexBot 2 (Desc: Flexbot is a completely open source nanocopter kit made by a community of makers from around the world. It's also the first consumer electronic product that uses 3D printing to achieve personalization.Image: TUB.55.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- FluoPi 2 (Desc: We proposed to create a set of tools for scientific research, engineering and teaching biology at the scale of whole colonies and entire plates. First, we designed and built a standalone tool for imaging and analysing fluorescence in biological samples at three different spectra and at a range of scales from individual colonies to whole plates (easily extensible to plant cells and even whole organisms such as C. elegans and Marchantia spp). The system is self-contained and autonomous, including hardware and software for image capture, programmed sequences (e.g. timelapse), and quantitative analysis of samples. We also developed a simple genetic toolkit for the production of fluorescent and pigmented bacteria complementing the device. We have optimized genetic construction protocols and adopted fluorescent markers that can be used with 470 nm single excitation. Altogether, our system allows for construction and integral experimentation with hardware, software and genetic instructions from off-the-shelve, open access and distributed resources.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Gesture Keyboard (Desc: Gesture keyboard is a library used to convert accelerometer data to a sequence of characters and sentences.Image: TUB.59.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- GoodEnoughCNC 2 (Desc: VERY LOW COST DESIGN GoodEnoughCNC hybrid is built from standard mechanical components and steel profiles, which makes it affordable. Just basic handtools needed for assembly. MODULAR DESIGN Suitable for almost any application referring to the size of material. Because of the modular built the cutting dimensions can be increased with replacing only main structural beams. TRANSFORMABLE Using different machining toolheads - hand-held plasma torch, a spindle, laser or some other tool GoodEnoughCNC hybrid can transform from plasma cutter to cnc mill or laser cutter.OPEN-SOURCE AND OPEN-HARDWARE Published under open-source open-hardware licenses. Fully documented with extensive instructions for assembly available online. You can share or modify it for any purpose, even commercially.Image: TUB.60.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Guest studio 240 sf (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- HACKberry (Desc: Hackberries, which are a species of trees included in the elm family, grow many branches. Our goal is to develop an artificial arm that would become the platform upon which developers and artificial arm users from all over the world are able to build as they wish. The name represents our vision to hack" at problems, grow branches of joy that reach out to users and enable their ideas and efforts to bear fruit ( "berries" )."Image: TUB.62.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- HIEBO 4 lamp (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- HROS Humanoid Endoskeleton (Desc: Interbotix Labs is proud to announce the new HR-OS1 Humanoid Endoskeleton Robot', an open source humanoid platform that you can build yourself. The HR-OS1 is powered by an onboard Linux computer giving you all the processing power you need to run your robot. This robot can be customized with 3D printed armor and components to change the form and function of the robot. The HR-OS1 is a hackable, modular, humanoid robot development platform designed from the ground up with customization and modification in mind. A node.js interface and API have been created to enable apps and other computers on the network to interface with the robot via wifi. We also offer full support of the Playstation DS3 Sixaxis Bluetooth Gamepad for remote control demos.Image: TUB.70.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Handibot 2 (Desc: Handibot® Bridge is a new way to take on large projects with portable CNC. An evolution of the original innovative, smart power tool that you can take anywhere and run from any WiFi-enabled device. Use Handibot® to perform precise and easily repeatable cutting, carving, machining, and milling operations. Work with wood, MDF, plastics, foams, and aluminum. All at the press of a button.The Handibot Bridge's rigid frame clamps onto large pieces of material up to 24" wide-allowing you to execute large projects with a series of accurate cuts; quickly sliding the Handibot down the length of your material. This is a tool optimized for tiling. What is tiling? Imagine trying to print a large photograph using just a small desktop printer. You might print the photo out on a dozen sheets of paper; each sheet containing a small part of the larger image. Once joined together in the proper order, the smaller sheets would form a larger image. Tiling applies that same strategy to cutting out large patterns with a small CNC router. Take a plan for a chair or a bookshelf-break the cut up into "tiles" that fit the tool-then move the tool across the material, stopping to cut out each tile as you go. How does the Handibot Bridge differ from its smaller cousin, the Handibot® Adventure Edition? With the cut length tripled from 8" to 24", the Handibot Bridge can cut the entire width of a 24" sheet of material in one pass (ideal for the 24" x 48" plywood sheets available at every hardware store and lumber yard), reducing the time required to set up and cut a large project by a factor of three, bridging the gap between the small, portable Handibot Adventure Edition and the wood shop workhorse ShopBot Desktop.Your projects will also benefit from improved precision due to faster and simpler tiling of large cuts:* Just like the original Handibot, the Handibot Bridge is take-anywhere portable. The tool has wheels on each side-allowing it to be moved like a roller-board suitcase; across the shop or across the country. * The revolutionary new control software, FabMo, unleashes more freedom. This built-in digital fabrication and motion control system gives you the robust power of CNC technology while reducing the challenges of CNC: You don't need to know how to use CAD and CAM software, you can simply use apps to make projects and run the tool to do simple jobs. If you want to work with the traditional CAD to CAM workflow, we provide access to two powerful software programs for creating CNC projects: (http://www.shopbottools.com/mProducts/software_vcarve.htm VCarvePro ShopBot Edition) and (http://www.shopbottools.com/mProducts/software_fusion360.htm Autodesk Fusion360).* FabMo also lets you create anywhere you want. Control and monitor the Handibot tool from any WiFi-enabled device: a Mac or PC computer, an Android or iOS phone, or any tablet. This is wireless CNCImage: TUB.63.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Hard Drive Centrifuge (Desc: A centrifuge is a rotating wheel with very high rotational speed (RPM) and a strong body protecting the people around from the energy of the fast moving parts. Substances are loaded into the vial holders at the edge of the fast spinning wheel and are separate along their different densities. Fast spinning computer hard drives in a solid aluminium housing are perfect for making small do it yourself centrifuges.How ToThe design is based on conventional 3.5? desktop hard drive. You usually need a small torx screw driver to open them. The disks are removed and replaced by a laser cut acrylic tube holder. Only small centrifuge tubes (0.5 ml) can be used with this kind of design. Make sure the tube holder fits well on the shaft of the motor and fix it back with the original down holder. The parts for the housing provides a stable stand and allow easy opening of the lid. To drive the motor replace the electronics by a ESC brushless motor driver for RC cars. To control the speed use a so call Servo Tester" unit that fits well with the motor driver."Image: TUB.64.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Helium (Desc: The Helium is a capacitor-powered, portable wireless speaker. It charges in five minutes, plays for six hours at full volume, and sounds awesome. Includes Bluetooth receiver with Apt-X and AAC codecs, Fostex FE 126 driver, bamboo cabinet, and wall adapter. Built to last in Portland, OR.Image: TUB.65.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Hexayurt 2 (Desc:
The Hexayurt Project: Free Hardware housing for the world
zero-waste designs help you turn common building materials into cheap energy-efficient housing using few tools and simple skills
The Hexayurt Family
We now have 13 hexayurt models which have been built and tested and are suitable for a variety of purposes. The shelters share a common feature: they can be made from standard industrial 4'x8' (1.2m x 2.4m) panels from materials like plastic, polyiso insulation, plywood, OSB, sandwich panels and cardboard.Project development: Redesign of blueprints (A1, P1)Image: TUB.66.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Hexy 2 (Desc: Hexy the Hexapod is a fully articulated hexapod robot kit that gives you a platform to explore advanced robotics, kinematics, and programming. Hexy makes complex robotics less costly, easier to learn with the tutorials and documentation, while being radically more fun (and cute). At the same time its built with completely open source hardware and software, making discovery and extension as easy as building it in the first place.Hexy has six legs, 19 servo motors and is powered by Arduino, while maintaining a price 4-10x less expensive than current hexapod robots. Great for students 15+ and up exploring advanced robotics and kinematics and do it yourself enthusiasts looking for an open-source platform.Image: TUB.67.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Hovalin 2 (Desc:
A violin for makers.
The hovalin is a functional acoustic violin that can be produced using most standard consumer 3d printers. The total cost of raw materials for the violin (4/4) is currently about $70. The hovalin was designed with Autodesk Fusion 360, and its shape and dimensions are inspired by the Stradivarius violin model.
The hovalin project is inspired in part by David Perry's FFFiddle. Check it out .
Let's make one
Visit the Hovalin Docs for step by step instructionsLISTEN UP
But What does it sound like?Image: TUB.69.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
Join the Hova Labs mailing list
for updates and news
- Hughski 2 (Desc: The ColorHug is an open source display colorimeter. It allows you to calibrate your screen so it can display accurate colors. By buying OpenHardware like the ColorHug you can be sure you are supporting an ecosystem of people who want to create open source products that are even better than their proprietary counterparts. ColorHug2 was built as an upgrade to the original ColorHug device that was only capable of profiling some types of display.The XYZ color values measured using the ColorHug are processed into a file which can be used in Windows, OS X and Linux. The supplied LiveUSB disk contains all the required software, or you can use your existing Linux installation.Image: TUB.71.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- ICub 2 (Desc: The iCub is the humanoid robot developed at (http://www.iit.it IIT) as part of the EU project RobotCub and subsequently adopted by more than 20 laboratories worldwide. It has 53 motors that move the head, arms & hands, waist, and legs. It can see and hear, it has the sense of proprioception (body configuration) and movement (using accelerometers and gyroscopes). We are working to improve on this in order to give the iCub the sense of touch and to grade how much force it exerts on the environment.Image: TUB.72.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- InMoov 2 (Desc: Gael Langevin is a French sculptor and designer. He works for the biggest brands since more than 25 years.InMoov is his personal project, it was initiated in January 2012 as the first Open Source prosthetic hand, it has lead to projects like Bionico, E-Nable, and many others.InMoov is the first Open Source 3D printed life-size robot.Replicable on any home 3D printer with a 12x12x12cm area, it is conceived as a development platform for Universities, Laboratories, Hobbyist, but first of all for Makers.It's concept, based on sharing and community, gives him the honor to be reproduced for countless projects through out the world.Image: TUB.73.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- KORUZA 2 (Desc:
Usefully open source
Easy to modify & adapt
For scientific research and experimentation
KORUZA innovates the design of a free-space optical communication system reusing mass produced Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) electro-optical transceivers, combining the latest advances in low-cost 3D printing using the Fused Deposition Modelling (F DM) method with bare-minimum custom electronics design.
do it yourself friendly open-source release together with a complete kit of assembly parts as well as detailed on how to properly assemble and test the system, is released. You can preorder kit at our partner company . KORUZA is on GitHub, using best practices of software design to allow colaborative editing.</ div>Image: TUB.77.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- KidCareTV 2 (Desc: When kid watching TV on interesting channel. Kid will lost self-control and walk into red zone to watch TV closely.To Safe kid's health eyes vision from TV red zone. Switch off video signal and give video signal back when kid move out from red zone like a play move in/out game.And parent can adjustable red zone area on device by themselves. We hope this device can help my kid and other parent who's care your kid eyes.Image: TUB.74.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Kit zéro Km 2 (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Knitic (Desc: Circular Knitic demonstrates a different line of our works, which lays in open source design and digital fabrication. To be more precise, Circular Knitic is an another example of our aims to integrate textile manufacturing into the contemporary makers' culture. We call it soft digital fabrication.We have been working with knitting and knitting machines since 2012. That time we already had a vision about a 'reprap' knitting machine. And finally we have achieved it or at least got the idea rolling: Circular Knitic is completely open source machine that is produced by using digital fabrication tools, and thus, allows to be replicated by everyone, who has access to a 3d printing and laser cutting. Also we really hope that the community will pick up our work and develop further. We are very excited to see how this project will evolve.Circular Knitic is an open hardware project. By using digital fabrication and makers' tools, like 3D printing, laser cutting, makerbeam, and Arduino, we have designed an automated and replicable circular knitting machine.Image: TUB.76.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- L'atelier s'adapte / table ... langer 2 (Desc: "L'atelier s'adapte" is a non-profit association since 1901, whose objective is to promote solutions for adapting everyday life (objects and environment), thought out and created in an open source way.Image: TUB.80.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- LEGO(R) Bricks Michelson Interferometer (Desc: Since 2013, the myphotonics project has been concerned with the design of optomechanical components and the implementation of optical experiments using various modular systems such as LEGO® and Fischertechnik®. The aim is to replace the heavy and cost-intensive mechanical components in photonics with lightweight and cost-effective modules. Parts lists and instructions for the resulting components will be made available free of license costs.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Laboratory Sample Rotator (Desc: An open-source 3-D printable laboratory sample rotator mixer is developed here in two variants that allow users to opt for the level of functionality, cost saving and associated complexity needed in their laboratories. First, a laboratory sample rotator is designed and demonstrated that can be used for tumbling as well as gentle mixing of samples in a variety of tube sizes by mixing them horizontally, vertically, or any position in between. Changing the mixing angle is fast and convenient and requires no tools. This device is battery powered and can be easily transported to operate in various locations in a lab including desktops, benches, clean hoods, chemical hoods, cold rooms, glove boxes, incubators or biological hoods. Second, an on-board Arduino-based microcontroller is incorporated that adds the functionality of a laboratory sample shaker. These devices can be customized both mechanically and functionally as the user can simply select the operation mode on the switch or alter the code to perform custom experiments. The open source laboratory sample rotator mixer can be built by non-specialists for under US$30 and adding shaking functionality can be done for under $20 more. Thus, these open source devices are technically superior to the proprietary commercial equipment available on the market while saving over 90% of the costs.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Lasersaur (Desc: The Lasersaur is a beautiful laser cutter with an outstanding price-performance ratio. We designed it to fill the need of makers, designers, architects and researchers who want a safe and highly-capable machine. Unlike others it's open source and comes fully loaded with knowledge to run, maintain, and modify.Image: TUB.79.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Le Petit COOL 2 (Desc: We Are Makers: MAKING IS NECESSARY - The Maker Revolution is upon us, and in the same way we did, anyone can go from no previous knowledge to a fully-fledged experimentation on electronics and botany. Everything we needed was in the commons.Image: TUB.81.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- LifeTrac 6 2 (Desc: We have now demonstrated a workable design with LifeTrac 5. We took the articulated joint that was present in LifeTrac I, which experience much less wear compared to skid steering.Image: TUB.83.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- LittleRP 2 (Desc: Meet the LittleRP, an affordable, flexible, and open 3D resin printer that lowers the barriers to entry for those looking to get into the exciting world of stereo-lithography printing.The LittleRP has been designed from the ground up to simplify the resin printing process. Our focus on smaller high quality prints means complicated peeling mechanisms are not required.Being open is one thing, but we wanted to make the LittleRP easy to self source. Lasercut materials and standard T-Slot extrusion means building your own from scratch, or simply modifying an existing LittleRP is an exercise you can take on yourselfInexpensive quality stereo lithography prints are possible thanks to the use of high quality components such as linear slides and integrated leadscrew steppers. The LittleRP might be inexpensive but corners were definitely not cut.Image: TUB.84.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- LiveWire (Desc: LiveWire explores the relationship between ideas and tools. Both enable each other and in this perpetual catch 22, therein lies the evolution of both - technology advances as social constructs become more complex.LiveWire is an open source mini CNC wire bender that promotes the creation of novel structural systems through processes of digital fabrication and assembly. It can take lines and curves created digitally and replicate them in brass wire. It can output any 2D vector line and can be clipped or soldered together to create more complex 3D structures.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Lixie 2 (Desc: Edge-lighting panes of acrylic etched with a design has been done for decades, but they've always been static information like an "EXIT" sign. If you stack multiple panes of acrylic (each with a unique design) and light them individually, you can change what design the user seesThis makes edge-lighting perfect for a numeric display And since I love the look of Nixies, we'll emulate the typography as well. At the end of the day, what I've made is a beautiful over-sized numeric display using WS2812Bs and a laser cut digit assemblyWe'll call it a "Lixie".The Lixie has extremely simple setup, just connect the 5V, GND, and DIN pads to an Arduino and use the Lixie library to write a digit to the display That's it No HV switching, PCB footprint, or worriesSince the Lixie is just wired like a WS2812B strip, you can connect the DOUT pin of one to the next and show a number as long you'd likeImage: TUB.86.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Local motors' Rallye Fighter (Desc: The Rally Fighter; A fully capable off-road prerunner, with the amenities and luxuries of an every-day on road vehicle. A rugged tube chassis construction complemented with the best OEM and performance off-road parts, and all the requisite creature comforts one could desire. This 50-state street legal off-road machine is at home on the open road, the daily commute, and on the most challenging terra firma you can throw at it.Image: TUB.87.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Logresse 2 (Desc: La Logresse is a 3D printer from Irobri's(http://www.reprap.org/wiki/P3Steel P3-Steel), a redesign of the(http://www.twelvepro.com/ Twelve Pro), itself based on Josef Prusa's(http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa_i3 Prusa I3). Leonardo, the first version of the P3-Steel was built in April 2013, after Irobri attended a Maker Show in Zaragoza (Spain). Its frame, made of 3mm thick laser-cut steel sheet, ensures excellent rigidity and limits the use of printed plastic parts. The assembly of the chassis and adjustments are made easier by the interlocking of the plates fixed by means of captive nuts, and La Logresse takes all these advantages into account, with even greater rigidity. And by designing additional metal parts, especially those on the X axis and the slide, it further reduces plastic parts. It also provides additional space for power supply, various electronics, etc...Image: TUB.88.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- LuzBot Taz 5 2 (Desc: Engineers, designers, educators, and makers agree: The LulzBot TAZ 6 is the most reliable, easiest-to-use desktop 3D printer ever, featuring innovative self-leveling and self-cleaning, and a modular tool head design for flexible and multi-material upgrades. With proven 3D printing technology and one of the largest print volumes in its class, the LulzBot TAZ 6 is ready to work.3D printing is more reliable than ever with the integrated automatic bed leveling system, all metal LulzBot v2 Hot End, and heated PEI print surface. With the all metal hot end, you can take advantage of the cutting edge market for new materials. Perfect for both large and small objects, the heated PEI build surface keeps your 3D printed objects in place when hot and releases when cool. With Cura LulzBot Edition, you have hundreds of quickprint profiles built in for seamless 3D printing. Also available for purchase through (https://www.lulzbot.com/official-lulzbot-resellers Official LulzBot Resellers).Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Lyman Filament Extruder V6 (Desc: The Lyman Filament Extruder V6 was designed and built originally for a Church Group through Pastor Glenn Grimsley. As Glenn has had a bad accident and no longer communicates with me I have changed the Creative Commons Attributions to Share Alike.
This simple extruder worked so well I have made three, one for black, one white and one for other colored filaments. V6 Extruder is the simplest one I have designed and is easy to make and is inexpensive. Also, I am extruding the best ABS filaments with it.
As the design progressed a number of items have been updated, so I am including most of the 69 STL files created, though less than 20 are used. Thus you should go through them a pick the ones that you are capable of printing.
The attached Construction Manual should give you enough information to create one. In it is the BOM and wiring diagrams.
The Spool Winder is not included here but will be available in a new thing.
I have three (3) V6 extruders, one for white, one for black and the third for other color filaments.Two items I do not use, one is the fan and the other is the variable speed control. I found that in my shop configuration that all I needed was the temperature adjustment and the nozzle size to control the diameter of the filament.Image: TUB.90.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- MAKI robot (Desc: Hello Robo was founded with the vision of making personal robotics more accessible and affordable for everyone. To realize this vision, we are developing open source robots which can also be replicated using a desktop 3D printer. This enables educators and enthusiasts alike, anywhere, to create, share and expand upon each others work. Our goal is to design high quality robotic platforms which are also affordable, approachable and accessible. Affordable In the past - individuals or groups interested in developing robotics software for applications such as HRI (human-robot interaction) have been required to design/build their own platform or pay thousands for platforms which operate on proprietary software. Taking advantage of readily available hardware, easy to print designs, and open source software, we offer affordable solutions for your next robotic platform. Approachable It is our belief that for robots to effectively interact with and work beside humans, they should be friendly and empathetic in design. Robots which fall into the "uncanny valley," often make people feel uncomfortable. Our robots are intended to operate in human environments; because of this, the overall aesthetics are considered heavily during the design process. It is important for our robots to feel friendly and approachable. AccessibleFinally, robotics is a perfect example of applied mathematics and science. It is our belief that every high school should have a robotics program to help educate and inspire potential engineers and scientists. Now, with a desktop 3D printer, PC, internet connection and off-the-shelf hobby electronics, any school or anyone, can have access to advanced robotic platforms. Our goal is to not only make robotics more accessible to people in the US, but worldwide.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Maker Plane (Desc: MakerPlane is an open source aviation organization which will enable people to build and fly their own safe, high quality, reasonable cost plane using advanced personal manufacturing equipment such as CNC mills and 3D printers. Our projects include open source avionics software to enable state-of-the-art digital flight instruments and display capabilities.Basically we are designing an aircraft that can be built on a computer controlled mill at home, or at a makerspace which is easy to assemble and quick to build. The plans and instructions will be available for free to anyone that wants themImage: TUB.91.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- MeeBlip Triode 2 (Desc: MeeBlip synthesizers are not polite, and they're not pristine. They're deceptively tiny, simple instruments that make big, grimy sounds. We'll be releasing a couple of brand new MeeBlip synths in early 2019.In the meantime, we're excited to announce the arrival of the cubit midi splitter. It's a clever little box that copies MIDI messages from a MIDI IN to four MIDI OUT jacks.Our BlipCase desktop synth storage system is on sale at a special price with free shipping in the USA, tooImage: TUB.94.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Meggy Jr RGB 2 (Desc: Meggy Jr RGB is a new kit that we designed as a platform to develop handheld pixel games. It's based around a fully addressable 8×8 RGB LED matrix display, and features six big fat buttons for comfy game play. The kit is driven by an ATmega168 microcontroller, and you can write your own games or otherwise control it through the (http://www.arduino.cc/ Arduino) development environment. Meggy Jr is fast, programmable, open source and hackable. And fun.Image: TUB.95.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Metal-Cutting-CNC (Desc: This is a CNC that is specifically designed for cutting metal. It is designed to handle the stress of cutting metal with as little flexing as possible.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Micromanipulator (Desc: A 3-D printable micropositioning device (manipulator") based on 3 increasingly small chassis elements that slide inside each other. Positioning is guided by M4 screws which can be manually controlled, or driven by continuous rotation servos. The accuracy is in the order of 10s of microns."Image: TUB.97.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Mobilecg 2 (Desc: MobilECG was founded by Hungarian engineers in 2013. Our first prototype was a 12-lead resting ECG with all the electronics built right into the cable. Unfortunately we could not get funding for completing that first version, so we decided to make it open source. Read more about it on the (http://mobilecg.hu/old/index.html#mobilecg1 old home page).Making the design open source triggered an amount of donations we were not expecting.Based on the feedback we received in the meantime, we started developing our second, wireless (http://mobilecg.hu/device.html device) with Holter capabilities and changeable lead-configurations. Open source from the beginning.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Model T (Yale OpenHand Project) (Desc: The Yale OpenHand Project' is an initiative to advance the design and use of robotic hands designed and built through rapid-prototyping techniques in order to encourage more variation and innovation in mechanical hardware.Commercially available robotic hands are often expensive, customized for specific platforms, and difficult to modify. It is typically impractical to experiment with alternate end effector designs. This results in researchers needing to compensate in software for intrinsic and pervasive mechanical disadvantages, rather than allowing software and hardware research in manipulation to co-evolve.This project intends to establish a series of open-source hand designs, and through the contributions of the open-source user community, result in a large number of useful design modifications and variations available to researchers.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Multimachine (Desc: The MultiMachine, a humanitarian, open source machine tool project for developing countries Benefits: The MultiMachine all-purpose machine tool that can be built by a semi-skilled mechanic with just common hand tools. For machine construction, electricity can be replaced with “elbow grease” and the necessary material can come from discarded vehicle parts.Image: TUB.100.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Multiplo 2 (Desc: Building a robot is like building any other thing. You just need to have an idea from your imagination, and the courage to build it. And, of course, patience. But things are much harder if you don't have any standard method of construction. That's why we develop Multiplo as an integration of different disciplines, so that you don't have any difficulties neither with the mechanics nor with the electronics. And so, you can focus in the process of creation. The mechanics of Multiplo is based on a mathematical system that keeps proportions of growth in each axis, allowing robots to be 3-D. The design concept is that all the parts should be available off-the-shelf" and ready to be customized by experienced users. That's why we laser cut and we use standard M3 bolts. The mathematical relationship is based on a system of 3mm. All thicknesses in materials are 3mm and all screws diameter are M3. All holes are 3mm and all distances between holes are 3x3mm = 9mm. This allows all holes to be coincident when you mount different parts between each other. But even more, it allows users to easily reproduce the parts with simple tools. The most important aspect of building with Multiplo is that all resources are shared in an open source philosophy. Anyone can download the blueprints, modify them and cut his/her own pieces. You just need to use a sheet of 3mm thickness and a bit of imagination. We use for these tutorials materials like acrylic and ABS laser cut. But you can use 3D printer or cut with a sharp razor fiberboard (a.k.a. MDF). This way you can use from aluminum for heavy duty robots to lightweight plastic for quadcopters."Image: TUB.101.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Mutable Instruments - Grid (Desc: Your drum section will never be the same again...Take the user interface of an euclidean sequencer, a healthy dose of machine learning and graph algorithms, megabytes of drum loops, hours of intensive computations and you've got a drum pattern like no other.Image: TUB.102.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Mycroft Mark 1 2 (Desc: The Mark 1 is a reference hardware platform. This means that it's been designed specifically to work with Mycroft's capabilities, as a standalone device. We're working to make the Mark 1 suitable for people who aren't super technical, but for now you'll need a few tech skills to run the Mark 1. Best for those who want an 'out of the box' solution.Image: TUB.103.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- NMR Relaxometry Platform (Desc: We present a low cost, open source hardware platform for use in NMR relaxometry experiments. The platform is capable of a wide variety of relaxometry experiments comprising many magnet, coil, and sample combinations. The majority of the RF chain is broadband, allowing operation over a large frequency range with only minor adjustments to the hardware. Experiments can be performed in a host-controlled mode in conjunction with a PC, or in a standalone mode for mobile applications. The high degree of flexibility and low cost of the platform makes NMR relaxometry accessible to applications where cost, size, or flexibility were previously prohibitive. The system is based on off-the-shelf components, along with some custom-fabricated parts, and can be replicated by engineers with suitable skills and resources.Image: TUB.109.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Neurobytes 2 (Desc: NeuroBytes are hands-on electronic neuron simulators that allow students, makers, and tinkerers to learn about the brain while physically building their own neural circuits, synapse by synapse.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Neuroon 2 (Desc: Neuroon Open is a wearable that improves your sleep and helps you wake up feeling energized thanks to its many features. Neuroon Open measures your brainwaves and tests your sleep in order to design a perfect wake up for you and support you with meditation and experiencing lucid dreaming. You can also connect Neuroon Open with your smart home equipment and adjust your bedroom to your needs. The device is managed by Neuroon Open app available for iOS and Android.Image: TUB.105.1.gifTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Ng.uavp 2 (Desc: This is a community-driven open source project to build a modern autonomously flying Multicopter. The abbreviation UAVP stands for "Universal Aerial Video Platform". It is a flying object, ideally suited for making aerial videos and photos (aerial photography), but is also a lot of fun to fly whether indoors or outdoors.Image: TUB.106.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- NimbRo-OP 2 (Desc: The robot PC can run Linux or Windows.We developed a (https://github.com/NimbRo/nimbro-op-ros ROS-based software framework) for the robot providing functionality for hardware abstraction, visual perception, and behavior generation. The framework has been used to implement basic soccer skills.For the initial release, we developed Linux-based software, starting from the open-source software that Robotis released for DARwIn-OP. This software supports ball perception, walking, kicking, and getting-up motions.We made the necessary modifications for the NimbRo-OP robot and included some new features, such as two gait stabilization mechanisms, tilt estimation, instability detection, and correction for the distortion of the wide-angle lens.Image: TUB.107.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Nixie Pipe 2 (Desc: Nixie Pipe provides the unique visual intrigue of a Nixie Tube but with modern day portability, reliability and interfacing. Each Nixie Pipe contains ten individually controlled RGB LEDs, which sit below channelled layers of acrylic acting as light pipes. By laser engraving the acrylic layers, the piped light diffracts, creating controlled illumination. Nixie Pipes are modular and can be chained together to form displays, using a Master module to drive Slave modules. Read more on the (http://engineer.john-whittington.co.uk/2016/12/nixie-pipe-modern-day-led-nixie-tube/ development blog)Image: TUB.108.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OF1 Openfoil 2 (Desc: OF1 is a hydrofoil designed for the sport kitesurf. It may be used for others nautical sports such as wakeboarding. A hydrofoil applies a vertical force on the kitesurf-board which allows the board to take off from the water surface. In front view, OF1 is a triangular-shaped hydrofoil which is fixed to the kitesurf-board. In side view, the hydrofoil OF1 is slanting: the lower part is more on the back (considering the direction of the foil) than the upper part.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- OPenT (Desc: A full OpenSpin setup allows acquisition of both LightSheet and optical tomography datasets. However, if you are only interested in optical tomography an OPenT is much simpler to assemble and operate.Image: TUB.138.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OSE LifeTrac 5 2 (Image: TUB.143.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OSVR-HDK2 2 (Desc: Vision: OSVR is a movement founded to create a universal open source VR ecosystem for technologies across different brands and companies. Giving you the freedom to combine different brands of HMDs and Controllers to experience VR the way they wantImage: TUB.146.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OSVehicle - Tabby evo 2 (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- OSWash 2 (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- OScar 2 (Desc: OScar is the first attempt to design an entire automobile using open-source principles. The aim of the project is mainly to produce blueprints, using essentially open-source CAD.Image: TUB.142.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Oggún iron horse tractor (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open ECG (Desc: Gamma Cardio Cg is the first open source certified diagnostic electrocardiograph with all the design disclosed in a book from the concept stage to the certification. It is intended for anyone interested in studying, and developing medical instruments.Image: TUB.113.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open Energy Monitor emonPi (Desc: The emonPi is an all-in-one Raspberry Pi based energy monitoring unit making for a simple installation where Ethernet or WiFi is available at the meter location.The emonPi can monitor two single-phase AC circuits using clip-on CT sensors. The emonPi can also monitor temperature, and interface directly with utility meters via an optical pulse sensor.Image: TUB.114.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open Gigabot (Desc: A HUGE, open-source, feature-rich, networked, touchscreen Gigabot 3D printer customized around your hardware & software demands.Image: TUB.115.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open Source metal 3D printer (Desc: Technical progress in the open-source self replicating rapid prototyper ((http://www.appropedia.org/RepRap RepRap)) community has enabled a distributed form of additive manufacturing to expand rapidly using polymer-based materials. However, the lack of an open-source metal alternative and the high capital costs and slow throughput of proprietary commercialized metal 3-D printers has severely restricted their deployment. The applications of commercialized metal 3-D printers are limited to only rapid prototyping and expensive finished products. This severely restricts the access of the technology for small and medium enterprises, the developing world and for use in laboratories. This paper reports on the development of a <$2000 open-source metal 3-D printer. The metal 3-D printer is controlled with an open-source micro-controller and is a combination of a low-cost commercial gas-metal MIG welder and a derivative of the Rostock, a deltabot RepRap. The bill of materials, electrical and mechanical design schematics, and basic construction and operating procedures are provided. A preliminary technical analysis of the properties of the 3-D printer and the resultant steel products are performed. The results of printing customized functional metal parts are discussed and conclusions are drawn about the potential for the technology and the future work necessary for the mass distribution of this technology.Image: TUB.117.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open Spin Microscopy (Desc: The aim of this project is to design a new open-source platform (with interface, plugins and hardware control) to build SPIM/DSLM/OPT microscopes in an easy and inexpensive manner.Image: TUB.119.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open beam (Image: TUB.112.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open source beehives (Desc: The BuzzBox is an internet connected device designed to monitor the conditions and health of your bee hive. It incorporates a range of sensors, microcontrollers, radio communication, AI neural-networks, server technologies and mobile device applications to achieve this.Image: TUB.116.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open source roaster (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open structures' OpenCargoBike (Desc: The OS (OpenStructures) project explores the possibility of a modular construction model where (http://beta.openstructures.net/pages/2#vraag-1a everyone designs for everyone) on the basis of one shared geometrical grid.Image: TUB.120.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open wheels (Desc: This module describes the mechanical components of the chassis of the Open Wheel. The design is based on the Segway but applied in a way to use off the shelf materials. This module also contains the assembly guide for the chassis, which is a copy of the original guide posted by (http://www.open-electronics.org/author/boris-landoni/ Boris Landoni) on (http://www.open-electronics.org/openwheels-put-the-mechanical-pieces-togheter/ Open Electronics)Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Open.Theremin 2 (Desc: Open Theremin is an open source hardware and software project with a great community of musicians and people interested in the world of electronic music instruments . The aim is to build a next generation, digital version of the legendary music instrument. With more than 1000 Open.Theremins in the world the new version 3 was built based on many community ideas and inputs.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenBCI 2 (Image: TUB.123.1.gifTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenBikeWorks' HubJohn (Desc: What we're doing is building D.I.Y. cargo bikes with hopefully no welding needed. This is based on the N55 XYZ SPACEFRAME VEHICLES building system - (http://www.n55.dk/ www.n55.dk). We've got several designs on the drawing board, but the first to be built will be the HubJohn. It's a two-wheel cargo bike with a bolt-together aluminum profile frame and center hub steering.Image: TUB.124.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenBugFarm 2 (Desc: An innovation platform to stimulate interaction between farmers, researchers and hobbyists who want to change the world with edible insects. Image: TUB.125.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenDesk's Lean Desk (Desc: Our first foray into digital fabrication and distributed manufacturing, the Lean Desk is the original Opendesk. A flexible 4 person workstation, it was built for startups and established teams alike - and is popular for its spacious work surface.Our Lean Desk has continuous central cable-management running the full length of the desk with slots for fixing monitor arms. There's ample room for extension leads, plug boards and chargers (including large Apple MacBook chargers). Removable cable covers hide messy wiring and keep your desk looking organised.Our favourite Lean desk is 2400mm long and 1600mm wide with ample room for 4 people. Take advantage of our tailoring service and choose any width between 1300mm - 1600mm and any length between 1200mm - 2400mm should you require something a little different.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenEV Charging Station (Desc: Let our experts hand-build you an advanced charging in the USA based on proven OpenEVSE hardware. Our charging stations are much more than a power cable, offering high power and advanced features for an affordable price.Image: TUB.127.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenEVSE 2 (Desc: OpenEVSE supplies open source charging station hardware and software solutions to manufactures and individuals. OpenEVSE SAE J1772 compatible charging station controllers are available in quantities of 1 to 10,000+ for requirements big or small. OpenEVSE controllers allows manufactures to bring their products to market sooner at a lower cost than designing from scratch.Image: TUB.128.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenFeeder 2 (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenKnit 2 (Desc: OpenKnit is an open-source, low-cost, digital fabrication tool that affords the user the opportunity to create her/his own bespoke clothing from digital files. Going from the raw material, the yarn, straight to its end use, a sweater for example, with almost no waste, because the product is knitted to shape. Designing and producing clothes digitally and wearing them can now happen in the very same place, rewarding the user with the ability to make decisions regarding creativity and responsibility.Image: TUB.131.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenLedModule 2 (Desc:
OpenLedModule FactsOpenLedModule LED lamps are designed to be
customizable - repairable - sustainable
- an Open Hardware LED module
- a set of basic Open Hardware LED lamp designs
- a growing community of LED lamp designersProject development: In-house engineering based on blueprints (C1, P2)Image: TUB.132.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
OpenLedModule StepsBuild your OpenLedModule lamp
in just a few steps
1. your favorite LED lamp model
2. the required LED modules
3. Solder the LED modules
4. your LED lamp
- OpenPCR 2 (Desc: OpenPCR is a project to develop open source hardware, software, and protocols to perform PCR and Real-Time PCR reactions, and a community dedicated to openness in science and applying the fundamental technologies of PCR to global problems. We aim to make the fundamental technologies of PCR and Real-Time PCR universally accessible, without exorbitant costs or intellectual property issues, and to apply this fundamental technology to challenging global issues, such as point-of-care medical diagnostics in developing countries and ensuring the safety of the worldâ€™s food supplies. We envision a world where molecular diagnostics are routinely used by all and do not require specialized knowledge. At its core, PCR is a method of detecting the presence of a particular DNA sequence. This is useful in myriad applications, such as determining whether an individual is infected with HIV or Malaria, or whether leafy vegetables are contaminated with E. Coli or Listeria. Unfortunately traditional Real-Time PCR Machines capable of detecting these pathogens typically cost upwards of $30,000 US dollars and are not suitable for field usage. OpenPCR kits are currently manufactured and distributed by Chai, a company founded by Josh Perfetto and Jessie Ho to democratize access to molecular diagnostics. The OpenPCR may also be fabricated directly by end users from design documents downloadable from this website. Accessible hardware is only half the battle. In addition to providing low-cost machines, we aim to openly share the knowledge needed to make use of these machines, such as PCR protocols and assays, within the community. We believe you shouldnâ€™t have to be a molecular biologist to put the well understood techniques of PCR to work for you, no matter your application or research.OpenPCR is a project to develop open source hardware, software, and protocols to perform PCR and Real-Time PCR reactions, and a community dedicated to openness in science and applying the fundamental technologies of PCR to global problems. We aim to make the fundamental technologies of PCR and Real-Time PCR universally accessible, without exorbitant costs or intellectual property issues, and to apply this fundamental technology to challenging global issues, such as point-of-care medical diagnostics in developing countries and ensuring the safety of the worldâEUR(TM)s food supplies. We envision a world where molecular diagnostics are routinely used by all and do not require specialized knowledge.At its core, PCR is a method of detecting the presence of a particular DNA sequence. This is useful in myriad applications, such as determining whether an individual is infected with HIV or Malaria, or whether leafy vegetables are contaminated with E. Coli or Listeria. Unfortunately traditional Real-Time PCR Machines capable of detecting these pathogens typically cost upwards of $30,000 US dollars and are not suitable for field usage.OpenPCR kits are currently manufactured and distributed by (https://angel.co/chai Chai), a company founded by (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jperfetto/ Josh Perfetto) and (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessie-ho/ Jessie Ho) to democratize access to molecular diagnostics. The OpenPCR may also be fabricated directly by end users from design documents downloadable from this website.Accessible hardware is only half the battle. In addition to providing low-cost machines, we aim to openly share the knowledge needed to make use of these machines, such as PCR protocols and assays, within the community. We believe you shouldnâEUR(TM)t have to be a molecular biologist to put the well understood techniques of PCR to work for you, no matter your application or research.Image: TUB.134.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenPipe 2 (Desc: Open Pipe Kit is an open research project seeking to democratize the Internet of Things by seeking out tools and techniques that prioritize user privacy, freedom, and convenience in managing all these little devices running around.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenQCM 2 (Desc: openQCM is a scientific as much as a smart device based on the quartz crystal microbalance technology. A quartz crystal microbalance (QCM) is a surface sensitive technology capable of measuring phenomena at molecular scale. Thanks to its unique and flexible characteristics, the quartz crystal microbalance has a wide range of applications in the field of chemistry, biology and material sciences. It is like an entire laboratory on the surface of a crystal.Image: TUB.136.1.gifTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenROV 2 (Desc: After years of development and testing the next generation of underwater drone is here and ready for adventure. Experience the underwater world in a completely new way.Image: TUB.137.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- OpenWaterbike 2 (Desc: Our mission is to design and build innovative high-performance long-distance human-powered pedal boats.Image: TUB.140.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Openmoko 2 (Desc: Openmoko(TM) is a project dedicated to delivering mobile phones with an open source software stack. Openmoko was formerly associated with Openmoko Inc, but is nowadays simply a gathering of people with the shared goal of "Free The Phone". Distributors are currently selling updated versions of the Openmoko Inc's phone released in 2008, (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner Neo FreeRunner), to advanced users, while the software stack for FreeRunner and future free phones is being developed by the community. In 2012, the (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA04 modern 3.5G / OMAP3 upgrade to FreeRunner and an upgraded OpenPhoenux aka GTA04 Complete is now available).Image: TUB.133.1.gifTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Opentrons 2 (Desc: Today, biologists spend too much time pipetting by hand. We think biologists should have robots to do pipetting for them. People doing science should be free of tedious benchwork and repetitive stress injuries. They should be able to spend their time designing experiments and analyzing data.That's why we started Opentrons. We make robots for biologists. Our mission is to provide the scientific community with a common platform to easily share protocols and reproduce each other's results. Our robots automate experiments that would otherwise be done by hand, allowing our community to spend more time pursuing answers to some of the 21st century's most important questions.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- OrbSWARM 2 (Desc: Nothing escapes the ineluctable embrace of entropy, the one-way trip of our Universe toward chaos and heat death. Yet at least on one small sphere, our planet, there is a rude and surprising exception: LIFE. As time progresses, everything becomes less organized, but LIFE is an exception. It grows more complicated, and more interesting. Schroedinger calls this organizational drive negentropy - when things want to be ALIVE. Negentropy is a honeybee colony and a night at the opera. Negentropy is a Bronx cheer in the face of Death. The SWARM of autonomous beings by their very nature will have emergent and complex behavior. They will flock , flirt, dance and interact, and their actions will surprise and astonish even us, their creators. They are simple, but together they will behave in ways more complex than we can predict. A lot like LIFE .Image: TUB.141.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Osloom 2 (Desc: OSLOOM (short for OPEN SOURCE LOOM) is a project aimed at creating an open source electromechanical thread-controlled floor loom that will be computer controlled. A (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loom loom) is a device used to weave fabric. The loom itself will be a Jacquard style loom. Jacquard looms allow for the individual control of each thread which in turn allows for photographic imagery to be woven. Jacquard looms like this exist commercially but they are very expensive (upwards of $30,000) which puts them out of reach for individuals and small educational facilities.The OSLOOM could be produced way more economically than that and truly revolutionize what the studio weaver could accomplish. The idea of a do it yourself open source loom is one that not only artists could benefit from but many individuals and learning centers could gain a resource by building one of these looms as well.OSLOOM would have an impact on (but not limited to) the following communities/sectors:artists, DIY/makers, studio weaves, educational, institutions (large and small), textile designers, developing countries. I believe that in order for a loom such as OSLOOM to have the greatest amount of impact it would need to operate on an open source platform. Therefore the software to operate the loom will be (http://www.tapr.org/ohl.html GPL) (General Public Licensed) and the hardware will be (http://www.tapr.org/ohl.html OHL) (Open Hardware Licensed). This would allow other individuals or groups to create this loom or to further develop this loom in the form of a derivative loom.This project is inspired by (http://fab.cba.mit.edu/ MIT's FabLab) concept and other open source hardware projects such as the (http://reprap.org/bin/view/Main/WebHome RepRap) and (http://fabathome.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page Fab@Home) 3D rapid prototypers and the many do it yourself CNC projects available already.Image: TUB.144.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- POM 2 (Desc: Open Motors (formerly OSVehicle) & ARM are taking part in the exciting move of Groupe Renault towards an open innovation approach by releasing soon the Twizy EV platform in open source, making it available to everyone, to enable co-creation of new electric vehicles, apps, and opportunity to explore niche markets.Based on Twizy, Renault has developed POM, an open-source automotive platform which is a compact and lightweight electric vehicle with bodywork parts removed. Available to start-ups, independent laboratories, private customers and researchers, it allows third parties to copy and modify existing hardware and software to create a totally customizable electric vehicle.Renault is partnering with Open Motors to develop and sell this open-source platform readily accessible to the community. Open Motors also provides on-demand design and engineering services for complete personalization. Bringing together a rich ecosystem of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and engineers, Open Motors makes it easier to build, share, distribute and modify the hardware designs of electric vehicles.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Pandora 2 (Desc: Built in Germany, the Pandora is a high-quality, all-purpose mobile computer offering the greatest possible degree of software freedom to a vibrant community of users and developers. We have a wide range of high quality software available on the (http://repo.openpandora.org/ repo).Image: TUB.148.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Parabolic solar hot water heater (Desc:
information could be used in in-house engineering projects
Project development: In-house engineering based on blueprints (C1, P2)Image: TUB.149.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Photometric System for Enzymatic Nitrate Quantification (Desc: (https://www.appropedia.org/index.php?title=Nitrate&action=edit&redlink=1 Nitrate), the most oxidized form of nitrogen, is regulated to protect people and animals from harmful levels as there is a large over abundance due to anthropogenic factors. Widespread field testing for nitrate could begin to address the nitrate pollution problem, however, the Cadmium Reduction Method, the leading certified method to detect and quantify nitrate, demands the use of a toxic heavy metal. An alternative, the recently proposed (https://www.appropedia.org/index.php?title=Environmental_Protection_Agency&action=edit&redlink=1 Environmental Protection Agency) Nitrate Reductase Nitrate-Nitrogen Analysis Method, eliminates this problem but requires an expensive proprietary spectrophotometer. The development of an inexpensive portable, handheld photometer will greatly expedite field nitrate analysis to combat pollution. To accomplish this goal, a methodology for the design, development, and technical validation of an improved open-source water testing platform capable of performing Nitrate Reductase Nitrate-Nitrogen Analysis Method. This approach is evaluated for its potential to i) eliminate the need for toxic chemicals in water testing for nitrate and nitrite, ii) reduce the cost of equipment to perform this method for measurement for water quality, and iii) make the method easier to carryout in the field. The device is able to perform as well as commercial proprietary systems for less than 15% of the cost for materials. This allows for greater access to the technology and the new, safer nitrate testing technique.Image: TUB.150.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- PiKon 2 (Desc: The PiKon is a telescope that uses 3D printed parts and a Raspberry Pi with camera to capture images.Image: TUB.154.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Piccolo 2 (Desc: Piccolo is a pocket sized open source CNC-bot. Using laser-cutting, off-the-shelf hardware and Arduino, you can make your own simple 3 axis robot. Attach a brush or pen to make a quick drawing robot, or extend Piccolo with sensors, custom toolheads, or by using multiple Piccolos together. Experiment with 2D or 3D digital fabrication at a small scaleImage: TUB.151.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Pico Cross Flow 2 (Image: TUB.152.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Pigott wind turbine (Desc: PMG stands for permanent magnet generator. This booklet describes how to build one. It was prepared in year 2000 by (http://www.scoraigwind.com/pmgbooklet/www.scoraigwind.co.uk Hugh Piggott), for Intermediate Technology Development Group ((http://www.oneworld.org/itdg/home.html ITDG)), as part of an (http://www.etsu.com/dfid-kar-energy/html/r7105.html overseas aid project) for DfID. It is not confidential; in fact the object is to disseminate it widely.Image: TUB.153.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Pisteur solaire - Entropie 2 (Desc: Since 2008, the Grenoble-based association Entropie has been developing an object model based on Free Design, Eco-design and Auto-Produktion. Through the various activities it offers, it brings all types of audiences to greater technical autonomy.Image: TUB.155.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Plan B 2 (Desc: Plan B is an open source 3DP 3D printer, printing in powder with a special binder. It is made with ordinary 3D printer parts, of the shelf inkjet technology and a Laser or Water cut aluminium frame.Image: TUB.156.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Plants machines (Desc: We develop robotic indoor gardens for your living space. Grow food right where you live without any hassle. Our robot likes nothing better than providing the optimal environment and care for nature.Image: TUB.157.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Plen 2 (Desc: PLEN2 is a robot kit consisting control boards, servomotors and accessories that you can put together yourself.You do not need any technical knowledge or special tools - all you need to build this robot is a screwdriver.When you complete it, PLEN2 is about 20(cm) tall and weighs about 450(g) with 18 joints and that you can completely control.Image: TUB.158.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Poppy (Desc:
Open source platform for the creation, use and sharing of interactive 3D printed robots
Poppy is an interdisciplinary community of beginners and experts, scientists, educators, developers and artists, who all share a vision:Image: TUB.160.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
robots are powerful tools to learn and be creative.
- Precious plastic (Desc: We are Precious Plastic.Precious Plastic is a (https://preciousplastic.com/en/community.html global community) of hundreds of people working towards a solution to plastic pollution. Knowledge, tools and techniques are shared online, for free. So everyone can start (yes, you too).We are independent, poor but free. Hundreds of people all over the world contribute to the project with their (https://preciousplastic.com/en/info/thanks.html skills & knowledge), (https://davehakkens.nl/donate/preciousplastic/ single) or (https://www.patreon.com/davehakkens monthly) donations. Precious Plastic was started in 2013 by (https://davehakkens.nl/ Dave Hakkens) and is now at its third iteration (version) counting on (https://preciousplastic.com/en/info/thanks.html dozens of people) working on the project, remotely or on site (somewhere below sea level in the Netherlands).(https://preciousplastic.com/en/index.html Join) the fight against plastic pollution.Image: TUB.161.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Prosthetic Hands (Desc: The world's most lifelike bionic hand. Sleek, elegant and cutting-edge in both design and technology, the flagship bebionic range pushes the boundaries of multi-articulating myoelectric hands. As the world’s most lifelike, functional and easy to use myoelectric hand commercially available today, bebionic is comfortable, precise and intuitive for patients, transforming the lives and abilities of amputees around the world – from helping them perform simple tasks like tying shoelaces to giving them back their control and their pride.Image: TUB.162.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Protei 2 (Desc: The Ocean covers more than 71% of our planet surface and store more than (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-much-heat-does-the-ocean-trap-robots-find-out/ 90 percent of the excess heat created by human activities). It is also where (https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/origsoflife_03 all life comes from). Yet we are destroying it. Global warming. Acidification. Overfishing. Plastic pollution. Chemical runoffs. Oil spills. Radioactive leakage... We need to develop solutions to invert the negative effect we have on the ocean. Scoutbots develops:# (https://www.scoutbots.com/new-index Protei): the open hardware shape-shifting sailing robot. The goal is to deploy a fleet of (https://www.scoutbots.com/protei soft, renewable-energy-powered "ocean satellites") to collect ocean data.# Boats: platforms to carry sensors and collect ocean data.# (https://www.scoutbots.com/sensors Sensors): once our marine platform is mature, what will we measure? See (https://www.scoutbots.com/sensors our sensors prototypes.)Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Pupil (Desc: Typeproject: TUBerlin)
We develop open source software and build accessible hardware for eye tracking.
Our have research grade specs and enable accessible and scalable eye tracking research.
Supercharge your research and development with our eye tracking add-ons for the latest consumer hardware.
Take full control of the software and modify to your needs - it's 100% open source
All hardware is designed, developed, and assembled in our Berlin office and ships worldwide.
- Pwdr 2 (Desc: Image: TUB.165.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
Pwdr Model 0.1
Pwdr is an open source powder-based rapid prototyping machine. Its goal is to promote experiments and innovations in powder-based rapid-prototyping. The machine is ready to use both the 3DP as the SLS process with minimal adaption, although the printer is currently prepped for 3DP.
The Pwdr Model 0.1 consists of chassis, tool head and electronics. The printer entirely consists of off-the-shelf components. It has a simple design and can be built within a couple of hours. The machine is easy and affordable to build and modify. Building a Pwdr Model 0.1 machine costs about EUR1000,-.
The accompanying software for the Pwdr Model 0.1 converts the CAD model in a printable format. This file is then uploaded to the Pwdr Model 0.1 micro-controller. The machine is controlled by easy-to-use software that allow full control of the printing process. The Pwdr Model 0.1 software has been based on open source tools like and .
A whole new range of materials become available for experimenting with open-source rapid-prototyping; for example, when using the 3DP process: gypsum, ceramics, concrete, sugar, etc. And when the SLS process is fully supported, plastic materials like ABS, PP, Nylon and metals become available as building material.A Hewlett Packard inkjet cartridge is used for the deposition of binder. The cartridge can be refilled with custom binders using a syringe. A custom binder of 20% alcohol and 80% water has been proven to work.
- Qrokee 2 (Image: TUB.166.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- RBot 2 (Desc: rBot is a 3d printed low cost CNC that fits perfectly around a IKEA Malm chest. It is designed to be both: easy to print and easy to build.All parts of rBot are designed from the ground up to be perfectly printable. Almost every part can be printed without any supports.rBot was not made to be the best and most accurate CNC. It was designed to test the limits of a 3d printer. Additionally it is a nice add-on for your existing Ikea furniture.The design goal was to create a new gadget for home laboratories that is fun to build, easy to print and incredibly useful.Image: TUB.170.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- ROFI 2 (Desc: Image: TUB.175.1.gifTypeproject: TUBerlin)
ROFI is the fifth prototype from Project Biped. It is a self-contained, bipedal robot that uses accelerometer feedback to balance. It has 12 DOF (degrees of freedom) and can walk around while avoiding obstacles using an ultrasonic range sensor. A small Android tablet in ROFI's head provides the brains and an Arduino Mega provides the hardware interface. All of the designs, instructions, source code, and parts lists are provided for free. ROFI was designed to be easily made by anyone with a low cost 3D printer and an interest in learning about robotics. Check out the (http://www.projectbiped.com/prototypes/rofi/faq FAQ) if you have any questions.
- Raidlight Responsiv 3L 2 (Desc: At Raidlight, we are not only interested in the performance of our products: we are also committed to sustainable development. We have already wanted to carry out our civic and ecological responsibility with the development of the "Responsiv - made-in-France " range. Today we want to go even further by committing ourselves to transparency and participation through this open source project.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Raptor Hand (Desc: 3D printing to design, manufacture and offer assistive devices to people without fingers. Thanks to your donations and their generosity, our network of makers provides free equipment to people on request. The primary mission of the association is to gather and connect people who need a device with people who can make it. Through this site, e-Nable France provides all the registration, networking and monitoring tools, in French, for the French-speaking community, because the number of requests is high and growing rapidly, and because we absolutely want to keep our model free for the recipients, your financial support is valuable because it allows us to finance the materials for the makers.Image: TUB.168.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Rasa 2 (Image: TUB.169.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Recyclebot 2 (Desc: This is a fully automated version of (https://www.appropedia.org/Recyclebot_v2.2 Recyclebot v2.2) with many improved features. Some of the features are:* Type of plastic can be selected from the keypad interface and the controller automatically updates the extrusion temperature for the plastic.* Extrusion temperature can also be feed by the keypad interface for any type of plastic which can be melted and extruded.* LCD interface for better process monitoring.* No extrusion until the extrusion temperature is achieved - automatically controlled by microcontroller, with (manual option).* Low cost power control options using a Triac and MOSFET.Image: TUB.171.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- RepRap Mendel 2 (Desc: The machine above is the RepRap printer, which we call "Mendel" after the (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel father of genetics). It's the second, improved version of RepRap: small enough to fit on your desk, but with a print volume large enough for you to make big things (see (https://reprap.org/wiki/Mendel#Mendel_Specifications specifications below)). The machine is made up of bits bought in from local suppliers or online, and parts which it can make for itself - all the translucent structural components you can see.In the picture, behind the machine, you can see the RepRap software which you can use to print (http://www.thingiverse.com your thing). We give this, and the designs for the machine away, free - it's all (https://reprap.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Open_source&action=edit&redlink=1 open source) ((https://reprap.org/wiki/GPL GPL) 2). Though you do have to buy in some standard components from... well, whoever you want... which cost about EUR400. The idea of getting all the materials and building a machine yourself may seem daunting, but this area of the wiki is dedicated to making the whole process as easy as possible.Click a "How To ...." link above for building and using tips and more....There are a number of instructional videos distributed through the Mendel documentation. These are also all (https://reprap.org/wiki/Videos#RepRap_Instructional_Videos gathered together in one place here).You can see examples of people's Mendels, and where they got their parts at (https://reprap.org/wiki/Mendel_Source_Logs Mendel Source Logs).Image: TUB.172.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Retr3D 2 (Desc: In 2009, discarded TVs, computers, peripherals (including printers, scanners, fax machines) mice, keyboards, and cell phones totaled about 2.37 million short tons. Most of our e-waste ends up in landfills-mostly in the developing world-where toxic metals leach into the environment. This open source project aims to convert some of that e-waste into usable 3D printers.==== Software ====Retr3d uses python and FreeCAD to 3D model printable parts for the construction of more 3D printers. Through globalVars.py dimensions of procured e-waste are turned into customized 3D models. E-Waste 3D Printer's software depends on FreeCAD's python scripting API. FreeCAD can be found (http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download here).Image: TUB.173.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- RoboHand 2 (Desc: Since 2002 millions of students have used Robohand to memorize information. Robohand community of students and teachers have shared millions of flashcards. For each set of flashcards entered, the Robohand website generates over a dozen ways for users to study the information they need to learn. The variety of study activities enables users to memorize data quickly without getting bored from using a single method of study. Robohand enables teacher to quickly enter data once and have a dozen different activities created for their students to memorize facts.Robohand founder, John Weidner, started the web site as a hobby out of his desire to contribute to the educational community. Robohand has operated as a free advertiser supported business - which is the price preferred by most students and teachers. In 2013 Robohand launched a PRO membership for users who want to be able to study without the distractions of advertisements (plans for $1.50/month, $10/year, $20/year). Robohand plan for the future is to continue to add innovative ways for users to study both on the Robohand web site and with apps on tablets and smart phones.Thank you for helping Robohand growTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- SECU-3 2 (Desc: SECU-3 is a complex project, which includes a variety of (https://secu-3.org/order tools and solutions) for tuning of an internal combustion engine (ICE), starting from a simple microprocessor ignition system and ending with a full featured engine management system (EMS). Developments, presented on this site will be useful for motorists who want to upgrade or improve fuel feeding and ignition systems, as well as in cases when stock system was broken or for any other reasons when owner is not satisfied with its work. SECU-3 will allow to implement unique and innovative motor control features that often are not available in the serial control units. For (https://secu-3.org/bolshe-foto many years (since 2006)) of working on this project, the author developed a unique software and different versions of SECU-3 units, as well as auxiliary devices and fixtures.Image: TUB.176.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Self Balancing Scooter (Desc: This is a project I had contemplated for quite a few years since first seeing the (http://www.segway.com Segway) on the Internet. This project marries several of my passions, Electronics, Mechanics, Control Systems and Software.Image: TUB.177.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Sensorica's PV characterization (Desc: The aim of the project is to design and create a system device for optical characterization of thin and transparent materials, as an open source project so it can have a maximum of social impact, and can be utilized and modified by communities around the world. The main application of the device is the measurement of the quantum efficiency (QE) of photovoltaic cells. The device is essentially an automated tilt angle and rotation stage, capable of both tilt angle adjustments (from 0-90 degrees) and for rotation (0-360 degrees) with 1 degree accuracy. There are some additional elements for fixing the sample and for electrical connections.Image: TUB.178.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- ShapeOko 2 (Desc: Ayo If you're looking at this project, you probably think a low cost simple desktop CNC machine is as cool as we do. Sweet. It's always nice to meet like minded peopleCNC is an acronym for Computer Numerical Control. Growing out of the sorts of numerical controls used to control looms and mills manufacturing helicopter blades (see (https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/CNC_History CNC History)), affordable computers and clever programming (see (https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Grbl Grbl)) and opensource (https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Electronics electronics) have made CNC affordable at a hobby-level.The Shapeoko is a 3-axis CNC machine kit. It is intended to provide basic functionality while being simple to understand, assemble, and operate - all this at the best possible value. The stock configuration forgoes many features that are standard in more expensive machines (but many can be added as (https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Upgrade_Overview upgrades)). This imposes limitations that the user has to work around. Despite this, or maybe because of this, many people with no prior experience with CNC, woodworking, or machining have successfully assembled and operated Shapeoko machines. Like most things in life, what you get out of it reflects the effort, preparation and patience you are willing to exert. We strongly suggest that you start by assembling and using the machine in its stock configuration. This makes troubleshooting via e-mail and the forums easier; more importantly, it provides you with valuable experience for implementing any planned upgrades.Have a look around the do it yourself CNC scene and you will notice the lack of simple, low cost, straight forward build options. We want to fix that. For the last four years we have been designing, redesigning, and building what we hope to be a CNC machine that anyone can build for the lowest possible price (about $300 in 2012-3 with a bit of patience and luck in sourcing parts and w/o two upgrades (dual-motors and double X-axis) which are now standard, a full kit (sans spindle) for the much improved Shapeoko 3 is currently $1,099). Did I mention that cost even includes the electronics to run the machine? Unlike other projects where you can blow a significant budget on just the frame and maybe motors, ShapeOko includes everything you will need to turn your ideas from just a crazy thought into a tangible item.If nothing else, this project is open. Nobody wants to get locked into some proprietary platform, and nobody wants to spend their money on a machine just to learn they will need to spend another $500 on software to run it. With that in mind, we built the entire process around open source components. From (https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/CAD CAD) and (https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/CAM CAM) software to the CNC controller; every step has an open source solution. Did we mention the entire project itself is open source? Every nut, every bolt, every belt, fully documented with part numbers and vendor list. Do with it as you pleaseImage: TUB.179.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Shepard Test Stand 2 (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Shower loop (Desc: Showers are great, but pouring hot and almost drinkable water down the drain is not. Besides the obvious costs to the environment and your bills, there is also a conscious on unconscious psychological cost any time you create waste. To solve this problem we created Showerloop. It's a shower that collects, cleans and reuses the water in real time while you are showering. So now you can shower for as long as you like but with a reduced ecological impact.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Shybo 2 (Desc: This article presents Shybo: a novel low-anthropomorphic robot for children. The robot, resulted from the combination of open-source hardware and software, is able to perceive sounds and to react through two non-verbal behaviors: hat's movement and lighting. By taking advantage of an open-source machine-learning software, the robot can be easily trained by children. This robot can be employed in research to support human-robot interaction studies with children, for investigating perceptual aspects of robot's features or for investigating children' cognitive abilities. It can also be used for applications in educational context to support playful learning experiences.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Solar-OSE 2 (Desc:
Construction of a linear Fresnel solar concentrator. The prototype is adapted for heat needs between 100°C and 250°C.
Project development: Redesign of blueprints (A1, P1)Image: TUB.185.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- SolarFlower 2 (Desc: Image: TUB.184.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
My name is Daniel Connell. I prototype and develop basic technologies which anyone can make using recycled materials and simple tools.
The aim is for everyone everywhere to be able to build and maintain their own infrastructure; producing their own energy, food, clean water, communications, and anything else they need.
All designs are open source and license free for any purpose, and full construction tutorials and how-tos are available .
The is also a good place to ask questions and post results from your own builds.Featured In
- Solarcast 2 (Desc: Our new Solarcast device combines everything we've learned deploying our bGeigie mobile radiation sensors, Pointcast fixed radiation sensors, and our recent Safecast Air beta test, and is intended to provide convenient, hassle-free, independent operation.Image: TUB.183.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Syringe Pump (Desc: This article explores a new open-source method for developing and manufacturing high-quality scientific equipment suitable for use in virtually any laboratory. A syringe pump was designed using freely available open-source computer aided design (CAD) software and manufactured using an open-source (https://www.appropedia.org/RepRap RepRap) 3-D printer and readily available parts. The design, bill of materials and assembly instructions are globally available to anyone wishing to use them. Details are provided covering the use of the CAD software and the RepRap 3-D printer. The use of an open-source (https://www.appropedia.org/Raspberry_Pi Raspberry Pi) computer as a wireless control device is also illustrated. Performance of the syringe pump was assessed and the methods used for assessment are detailed. The cost of the entire system, including the controller and web-based control interface, is on the order of 5% or less than one would expect to pay for a commercial syringe pump having similar performance. The design should suit the needs of a given research activity requiring a syringe pump including carefully controlled dosing of reagents, pharmaceuticals, and delivery of viscous 3-D printer media among other applications.Image: TUB.187.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Tantillus 2 (Desc: After participating in the (http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap RepRap) project for almost two years and travelling with my Prusa Mendel, I found the need for a more portable, less fragile printer. I began by designing the fully printable Tantillus seen below.Immediately after pictures of the original Tantillus were released to the public, I was inundated with requests for finished parts. Realizing there was a demand for a small portable printer and that the demand could not be kept up with through the printing of the entire case, I proceeded to design a simpler version using laser cut panels and printed connectors. The result is what you will find documented here.Both printers use the same electronics and share all the same printed parts for the Extruder, X, Y and Z axis. So once you have assembled one version you will be able to build the other with ease. This also means if you have a Laser cut version and a Printed version you can swap parts without compatibility issues.Image: TUB.188.1.gifTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Tea Maker (Desc: The tea maker consists of a control unit, a heating plate to heat water in a tea pot, a winch to put a tea bag or other tea container into the water, a sensor measuring the water temperature, a display and some navigation buttons for user input.The device doesn't depend very much on smarthomatic. It could be used without a smarthomatic network at all. But it will receive the current time to be used by a timer function and it sends the curent device status, so it can be monitored by your home automation system.Image: TUB.189.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- The Fair Cap 2 (Desc: Imagine if you could get a portable tiny filter that could be screwed into any plastic bottle and allow you to safely drink water from the tap, from a stream, from a lake, from a water pond? Imagine if it would cost just $1?Image: TUB.190.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- The Open Microscope (Desc: Microscopes are key pieces of equipments in materials and biological laboratories, and facilitate medical diagnostic and inspections in production chains. Traditional microscopy companies provide high quality optics in a solid frame for mechanical stability. High end tools would progressively provide automation capabilities and software control that greatly facilitate the acquisition of information. New technologies have led to the development of consumer grade low cost microscopes that are essentialy webcam or digital cameras with a high magnification objectives. While this image quality is often sufficient for simple tasks in education, research or industry, the ability to automate the imaging process remains restricted to the most expensive range of microscopes.The development of an open platform for microscopy by our team aims to fill this gap and provide and generic structure to develop custom automated microscopes. It builds on a number of existing tools: beam structure, 3D printed parts, Arduino controllers for stepper motors, Raspberry Pi for imaging and image processing.Image: TUB.191.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- The Spine (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Thor 2 (Desc: Thor is an Open Source and printable robotic arm with six degrees of freedom. Its configuration is the same one that is used on most manipulator robots that currently exist in the market.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Thunderhead 2 (Desc: The Thunderhead filament extruder is a small scale extruder designed by Techfortrade that can be used for recycling PET plastic bottle flake directly into 3D printing filament. A special emphasis throughout the design has been placed on using affordable and easily attainable materials. This repository serves as a host for the documentation and code used with the machine. We are using GrabCAD Workbench for the hardware development and will place snapshots of the CAD files on Github with each release. Current (though not necessarily stable) files can be accessed on our (https://workbench.grabcad.com/workbench/projects/gcvN9Xsi01SW-lFGhJRj_-4vqndCMFAaoUt_-UQBdidnVn#/space/gc8b8c582LagITdwrMEId6wysTlJX_nukUvWoRwEQ_1f4U GrabCAD partner space).Image: TUB.194.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Thymio (Desc: Thymio is a small robot which will allow you to discover the universe of robotics and learn a robot's language. You will be able to program it and carry out numerous experiments. With Thymio, the basics of robotics and programming become notions everyone can discover, whatever their age.Alone, with your friends or parents, program your robot so it becomes the hero of your adventures.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Tinker bike (Image: TUB.196.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Tiny boy (Desc: Tinyboy 3D printer is ultra-portable by being small. A one-to-one student to printer ratio can be achieved in computer classrooms to maximize the exposure of student to 3D printing technology. Students can also carry the printer around beyond classrooms to engage in their learning activities. On the other hand, it is very usable for education purpose for printing figures, toys and other creations that students like. Together with a portable device running Windows and 12V power supply, Tinyboy can print everywhere.A 3D printer usually takes 20~30 minutes to print a small object. Without TinyBoy, a teacher wanting to encourage students to print their designs into reality, would require excessive amount to be invested in multiple conventional 3D printers, not to mention the space required to house these machines.A school may purchase or build multiple Tinyboys for a classroom so that more students can enjoy the creative process. On the other hand, with a reasonable printing area, students can create a variety of models and small toys which they would enjoy.The Tinyboy 3D printer is designed for learning. To encourage the learners not just to consume, but to become Makers. Tinyboy can be assembled by students using a few simple tools. Students can operate and maintain their own machines by themselves, so they can understand the Maker culture through making.The process of making can transform education by inviting students to go beyond being consumers of education. They can be a maker of anything, moving from being directed to self-directed through the process.Image: TUB.197.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Toolbox for Opto-Mechanical Components (Desc: In this article we present the development of a set of opto-mechanical components (a kinematic mount, a translation stage and an integrating sphere) that can be easily built using a 3D printer based on Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) and parts that can be found in any hardware store. Here we provide a brief description of the 3D models used and some details on the fabrication process. Moreover, with the help of three simple experimental setups, we evaluate the performance of the opto-mechanical components developed by doing a quantitative comparison with its commercial counterparts. Our results indicate that the components fabricated are highly customizable, low-cost, require a short time to be fabricated and surprisingly, offer a performance that compares favorably with respect to low-end commercial alternatives.Image: TUB.198.1.pngTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Turbidimeter (Desc: Turbidity is an internationally recognized criterion for assessing drinking water quality, because the colloidal particles in turbid water may harbor pathogens, chemically reduce oxidizing disinfectants, and hinder attempts to disinfect water with ultraviolet radiation. A turbidimeter is an electronic/optical instrument that assesses turbidity by measuring the scattering of light passing through a water sample containing such colloidal particles. Commercial turbidimeters cost hundreds or thousands of dollars, putting them beyond the reach of low-resource communities around the world. An affordable open-source turbidimeter based on a single light-to-frequency sensor was designed and constructed, and evaluated against a portable commercial turbidimeter. The final product, which builds on extensive published research, is intended to catalyze further developments in affordable water and sanitation monitoring.Image: TUB.199.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Two-Stroke Diesel Engine (Image: TUB.200.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Tympan version A (Desc: Tympan is the first Open Source Hearing Aid development platform. We are committed to open source design principles, and we firmly believe that in doing so we can accelerate research studies and facilitate translation of novel algorithms into widespread use.Our ideal is to lower barriers for hardware and software refinement, and facilitate translation of these advances into use in hearing aids, cochlear implants, and consumer electronics devices. Tympan invites professional engineers, academics, students, makers and hobbyists to participate by sharing and engaging with our community forum and software/hardware repositories. Let's make hearing assistive technology better, togetherOur (https://tympan.org/who initial team) is comprised of folks from the engineering firm Creare, and the Auditory Signal Processing Laboratory at Boys Town National Research Hospital. We are interested in partnering with more research groups in industry and academia. The Tympan project is funded by a grant from the National Institute of Health in partnership with the National Institute on Deafness and other Communication Disorders.Image: TUB.201.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- UArm Metal 2 (Desc: The uArm is the world's first open-source robotic platform. With the vision camera kit, the uArm can track objects with different shapes or colors for you to conduct A.I. projects.Image: TUB.202.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- UPSat 2 (Desc: UPSat is a 2U Cubesat satellite constructed and delivered by Libre Space Foundation, started by University of Patras as part of the QB50 mission with ID GR-02. UPSat mission aspires to be the first completely open source satellite ever launched, manufactured in Greece, minimizing the usage of COTS components to the absolute minimum. On that scope all subsystems of the satellite are designed from scratch in an open source software and hardware way.The return of investment towards an open source development way, is expected to be significant, kickstarting a new knowledge and building ecosystem around space engineering and technologies.Image: TUB.206.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- UV-mask (Desc: UV-mask is a UV-mask meant for people with a highly sensitive skin. The full design is available under free licenses and the design is exclusively made with free tools.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Ultimaker 2 2 (Desc: Engineered to perform, the Ultimaker 2+ is reliable, efficient, and user-friendly. Thanks to its support of a wide range of materials, it's suitable for a huge variety of applications, from prototypes to customized tools. It's a great all-around 3D printer that delivers consistent results.Image: TUB.203.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Ultrascope (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Underwater Glider (Desc: As underwater gliders travel slowly through the water, they disturb the surrounding water very little, allowing for accurate and reliable data recording. Underwater gliders are normally AUVs (Autonomous Underwater Vehicles) and can run a pre-determined route without requiring human interaction.This glider is open-source, with 3D printed components combined with readily available hardware, allowing it to be assembled for a low cost. Given the openness of the project, the project could be forked to produce alternative designs suited to particular scenarios. For instance; changing the tubing to aluminium to become a deep sea glider; using a unique sensor array for specialised applications; changing the buoyancy engine size to increase speed.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Uzebox 2 (Desc: The Uzebox is a retro-minimalist 8-bit open source game console. It is based on an AVR 8-bit general purpose microcontroller made by Atmel. The particularity of the system is that it uses an interrupt driven kernel and has no frame buffer. Functions such as video signal generation, tile rendering and music mixing is done in realtime by a background task so your game can easily be developed in C. The design goal was to be as simple as possible yet have good enough sound and graphics to implement interesting games. Emphasis was put on making it easy and fun to assemble and program for any hobbyists. The final design contains only two chips: an ATmega644 and an AD725 RGB-to-NTSC converter.Image: TUB.208.1.gifTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- VIA OpenBook 2 (Desc: VIA OpenBook is a laptop reference design from VIA Technologies, announced in 2008. The laptop case design was released as open sourceImage: TUB.211.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Velocar 2 (Desc: The word Velomobile literally means bicycle-car, which is obvious when you consider the early word for the bicycle, velocipede, meaning speedy walker, and the word Automobile, used throughout the US to describe the motorcar. Incidentally the word, Vélo, is the French for bicycle, which is why it is not a good idea to truncate the word velomobile when referring to this type of vehicle.The idea is that a velomobile combines the best of both a bicycle and a motorcar or automobile. In other words a velomobile is a pedal or human powered vehicle that has some degree of enclosure to either, protect from the weather, or give some aerodynamic advantage, thereby increasing the potential speed, or both.Image: TUB.210.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Vélo M² 2 (Desc: Vélo M² (pronounced Vélo em carree) is a multi modular capsule system fitting on cargo bikes, which can be used for more than only transport, with Vélo M2 we give the tools to rethink how we interact, move and use energy.Image: TUB.209.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Watering system SÖREN (Desc: According to the principles of the open and ecological economy, we would like to contribute as a planning community to the fact that the irrigation system SÖREN can be developed further in the community. SÖREN can be used as balcony greening or facade greening. Empty buckets from a canteen or a snack bar can be used to green your own balcony. Old pallets can be used to build a facade greening. However, the system can also be used in any other form - it does not have to be pallets.Image: TUB.212.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Waterzilla 2 (Desc: Waterzilla 1.0 is a portable water purification device that fits in a backpack and can be carried around anywhere in the world to purify water using solar panels and UV sterilization.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- White Rabbit (Desc: White Rabbit is a fully deterministic Ethernet-based network for general purpose data transfer and synchronization. It can synchronize over 1000 nodes with sub-ns accuracy over fiber lengths of up to 10 km. Commercially available. More info at the Wiki pageTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Wikihouse 2 (Desc: WikiHouse is an open source project to reinvent the way we make homes.It is being developed by architects, designers, engineers, inventors, manufacturers and builders, collaborating to develop the best, simplest, most sustainable, high-performance building technologies, which anyone can use and improve.Our aim is for these technologies to become new industry standards; the bricks and mortar of the digital age.Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- Wikispeed car (Desc: WIKISPEED grew out of Joe Justice's passion for cars, and the Automotive X Prize competition.The WIKISPEED 100 mpg car project :- is an Open Source design- is a Modular vehicle (it's a car right now, but variations are possible)- car that can be built without specialized equipment- is light weight- does not specify the drive train. That is a module, and it can be switched. There is an existing Gas motor module that uses a Honda R18a motor and automatic transmission from a 2006 - 2011 Honda Civic, a prototype DC Electric motor module that uses a Netgain Motor and a Honda Manual transmission, a proposed AC Electric motor module that uses a Siemens motor, an Open Source Controller, and a Honda Manual transmission, a proposed diesel motor module, a prototype hybrid module - Diesel/electric I think?- is run by volunteers- is organized using Agile, Lean and Scrum tools and methods, using what Joe has coined eXtreme Manufacturing or XM.Image: TUB.215.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- X-carve 2 (Desc: (https://www.inventables.com/technologies/x-carve X-Carve) is a 3D carving machine that can carve designs out of (https://inventables.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012592593-What-materials-can-I-carve-on-X-Carve- a variety of materials): wood, plastics (e.g. acrylic and HDPE) and other materials. The versatility of machines like X-Carve (often called 3D carving machines, CNC milling machines, or CNC routing machines) is that they can be used to aid all kinds of projects and applications.Image: TUB.217.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- X0xb0x 2 (Desc:
The x0xb0x is not just another MIDI-controlled TB-303 clone. x0xb0x is a full reproduction of the original Roland synthesizer, with fully functional sequencer. The sequencer can be programmed just like the original 303 (ok its actually a little easier, we think) and can be used to control other synthesizers via any of its various output formats. 128 banks of track memory and 64 banks of pattern memory are stored in onboard EEPROM, no battery-backup is neededImage: TUB.216.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- XYZ ONESEATER 2 (Desc: XYZ SPACEFRAME VEHICLES enables persons to build their own vehicles for transporting persons or goods. XYZ SPACEFRAME VEHICLES is based on a low cost, light weight, highly durable construction requiring only simple hand-held, non specialized tools to produce. With XYZ SPACEFRAME VEHICLES, N55 offers a new alternative to mass produced traditional cycle products, often made from low grade materials and not made to last or being repaired.Image: TUB.219.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Xmaran 2 (Typeproject: TUBerlin)
- ZenManEnergy 2 (Desc: Zenman Energy is a non-profit organization that is attempting to solve this worldwide problem. We're not doing this for money, we're doing this to ensure a future for our children. We need more brains and more money. Whether you are an engineer, an accountant or a meter maid doesn't matter. We need you to contribute.Image: TUB.220.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Zoetrope 2 (Desc:
Project development: Reverse engineering with adviser (B2, P2)Image: TUB.221.1.jpgTypeproject: TUBerlin)
- Zoybar 2 (Desc: Zoybar is an open R&D Lab for professional and hobbyist musicians to easily create, customize and fabricate their own (tangible) music instruments and applications. We manufacture and market fully produced modular hardware kits for those whTypeproject: TUBerlin)